Button to play on the phone the current song playing on MMW

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Paul-T

Button to play on the phone the current song playing on MMW

Post by Paul-T »

Hi everybody,

When I play an album from my computer but have to leave home, I always think "I would be great if instead of scrolling on my phone through the many artists of my library, to find the same song can continue with my album listening experience, there was a button "Play on phone/device" so that I can just plug my headset and go."

I was wondering if it was easily doable / if some other people would be interested in this feature?

Cheers!
Lowlander

Re: Button to play on the phone the current song playing on

Post by Lowlander »

I'd use search to find instead of scrolling through the list.
Paul-T

Post by Paul-T »

That's an option indeed, 2 remarks about it:
- search doesn't seem to always work (I know I'm being vague, I have not identified the common trait between all the cases of it not working, thus I can't be more specific)
- it is still more tedious than clicking on one button. I give you an example: an app called Mighty Text, used to write texts from your computer, allows you to click on a "Watch on my phone" button when you are watching a YT video on your computer. You could as well, go to your phone, open the youtube app, search for the video, and watch it. It will take you 30 sec, vs 1 with a "one button" feature on a corner of MM - probably more with a 2013 phone like mine.

Maybe I would have needed to clarify my purpose in advance though: I'm not talking about revolutionizing the app, I'm giving an idea that would make a small contribution for MM to be an even greater soft than it already is.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul-T

Post by Paul-T »

I apologize for my first message, which is poorly written, due to inattention and no rereading, on top of a lack of mastery of English in the first place; I meant ('hopefully more clearly explained):
"It would be great if instead of scrolling on my phone through the many artists of my library in order to find the same song that was playing on my computer, I could click a button "Play on device", so that it starts playing on my phone and I just have to plug my headset and go."

Still heavy but understandable...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

With YouTube and such it is easier as your watching online stuff (ie. the source file is the same). With MediaMonkey you'd have 2 source files and no guarantee that a file on the PC is actually on the phone.