Auto Skip Function

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

gipfelstürmer_68

Auto Skip Function

Post by gipfelstürmer_68 »

I'd like to have an auto skip function. That means:

E. g. the Deep Purple In Rock (Anniversary Edition) Album contains some studio chats. I would mark these chats as unavailable and when the whole album is played these songs are automatically skipped.
Peke

Re: Auto Skip Function

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Create under any Classification "Ignore" Class and add Criteria not contain Classification "Ignore" so as soon as you add that classification to track it will be from collection list and not played.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gipfelstürmer_68

Hi Peke,

thank you for answering! Can you please explain in more detail? This is my exemple "Deep Purple In Rock (Anniversary Edition)". I start playing the whole album by double click on Speed King, the red marked tracks should always be skipped. I already have a solution to prevent playlists from those tracks but playing a whole album or shuffle play this does not work.

1. Speed King – 5:52
2. Bloodsucker – 4:11
3. Child in Time – 10:16
4. Flight of the Rat – 7:53
5. Into the Fire – 3:29
6. Living Wreck – 4:30
7. Hard Lovin’ Man – 7:10
8. Black Night – 3:28 (Single Version)
9. Studio Chat (1) – 0:28
10. Speed King – 4:14 (Piano Version)
11. Studio Chat (2) – 0:25
12. Cry Free – 3:20 (Roger Glover Remix)
13. Studio Chat (3) – 0:05
14. Jam Stew – 2:30 (Unveröffentlichtes Instrumental)
15. Studio Chat (4) – 0:40
16. Flight of the Rat – 7:53 (Roger Glover Remix)
17. Studio Chat (5) – 0:31
18. Speed King – 5:52 (Roger Glover Remix)
19. Studio Chat (6) – 0:23
20. Black Night – 4:47 (Ungeschnittener Roger Glover Remix)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Any tracks for any albums, singles, etc. that you don't want to be played, write, "Ignore" in a field; such as custom, classifications, etc..
Then create a Collection (Gold) where the Criteria for the Collection is set to, ignore field --> "does not contain" --> "ignore" (without quotes).
Use that collection to listen/search within those albums/tracks when you want certain ones ignored.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
gipfelstürmer_68

Ok, that works, but we're talking about improvements ;-)

Now the ignored tracks were no longer displayed in the song list and it seems they're missing. It would be nice that ignored tracks where displayed like unavailable tracks.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

So even though you are not going to listen to them anyway, you still want to be able to just see them? :-?
You can search for them in the entire library first, then click on ignore collection to find them > then you can click
back and forth (occasionally) between initial search result and collection to quick switch views.

Other than that, you would have to do something like custom order the spoken/temporarily undesired tracks to the bottom of the track order.

Although, in the case of "studio chats" some may correspond to the song coming up and seem awkward elsewhere.
But, again, if you want them temporarily where you don't even listen to them, why do you need to have to see them?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
zarb0z

Post by zarb0z »

This would be a good use for a Check Box.

For example, if the default behaviour of a checkbox is to permit play, then any song with the box checked gets played. So in your case, every song in that Deep Purple album is checked--except the chats, which are not. Playing that album pants-to-mustard would just skip right over the chat tracks as if they weren't there, yet they are, and can be "info'd" and moved and all the rest, right along with the album.

Many other players have check boxes for this and other purposes. iTunes is the obvious one.

Another good use of the Check Box could be as a criterium in a Smart Playlist. After all your logic, something like "match checked items only" would allow all the songs on that Deep Purple album to be included in the playlist and would not select the chats.
ritualdevice

Post by ritualdevice »

Agree that this would be a great place for a checkbox. I have many records like this, where there are tracks I don't want coming up in Auto-DJ, but I want to keep the album intact in my collection. I would like to set a checkbox to "skip this track during Auto-DJ playback".