New Functionality

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Aksh

New Functionality

Post by Aksh »

I am sure most here use MMW to play music while working on their PC. While I am doing so and surfing the net as well, I inadvertently end up clicking a video link on a webpage which means that I have to restore MMW from the tray and pause the music. So, is it possible for the developers to add a functionality that when MMW is active and if other source of sound is activated, MM pauses itself until that sound source has ended playing?
Lowlander

Re: New Functionality

Post by Lowlander »

Note that you can assign a hotkey to Play/Pause, click the tray icon to play/pause or Play/Pause from the Taskbar Preview (Windows 8/10).
Martin Schoenmakers

Pause music when other sound on PC

Post by Martin Schoenmakers »

Aksh wrote:I am sure most here use MMW to play music while working on their PC. While I am doing so and surfing the net as well, I inadvertently end up clicking a video link on a webpage which means that I have to restore MMW from the tray and pause the music. So, is it possible for the developers to add a functionality that when MMW is active and if other source of sound is activated, MM pauses itself until that sound source has ended playing?
I very much second this request.
I am working on my PC all day, and I have a squawk service running that will give important messages at irregular times.
It would be great if MM could pause itself as soon as some other audio channel gives a sound. It should be instantly, otherwise I have already missed the message: manually pausing is too slow to be an option.
(Right now, my only option is to have NO music :( )

Edit:
Ah, found a solution: mute.fm. See this other post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 49#p440949
MM Gold / Windows 7(64)
sync with MotoG(5) / Android 7.0