Suggestion for auto-synch improvement

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MM user

Suggestion for auto-synch improvement

Post by MM user »

Hi there and first of all thanks for creating this great software. I am so far a very satisfied registered MM user but I do have one suggestion for a functionality improvement in the auto-synch feature.

I have way more files on my PC than I have room on my MP3 player, therefore I love the auto-synch option of filling the MP3 player to capacity with a random subset of the library. However if I could suggest an improvement in functionality, there are some albums/playlists/whatever that I would like to be synch'd for sure to the portable device, while at the same time still having the possibility to fill the rest of the device up with a random subset of the library.

Therefore would it be possible in the auto-synch function to specify which files/folders/playlists/etc... you positively want to have synched to your device, and then have an additional option to 'fill up the rest of the available space on the device with a random subset of the library'?

And keep up the excellent work on this great software! (:
Azure

Post by Azure »

Hi,

I haven't found a way to do that on a single operation. The way I achieve the same result is by having a custom playlist which I fill with the music I POSITIVELY want which is sent to the device, and then syncing the random subset up to the full capacity. Of course, the options are that actual content not listed shouldn't be erased :roll:

They only drawback I see so far (besides clicking the mouse a little more) is that there is the chance to have some tracks duplicated. A turnaround for this drawback :wink: is to sync another playlist which contains the set from which the subset will be synced (which doesn't contain the POSITIVELEY tracks).

I hope this can be of any help :D
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

A white and black (play)list would be a great sync feature, or maybe more simply a 3way track field for "sync: always/never/default" in the library.

I would imagine, this could be done partially via using a custom tag and setting the value to always/never/unassigned(default), but not sure how this would be utilized with autosync without developer help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

There is variety of Combinations To use in Advanced search or Auto Play Lists to define your search (Mood Occasion, Quality, ...) which you can define and combine with Sync. No Need for Custom.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts