''Click Rename'' Removal?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Undertone

Re: ''Click Rename'' Removal?

Post by Undertone »

Good to know nohitter thank you. I hope this would be seriously taken into consideration.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Speakerzmoon wrote:When I have friends over, I'm always worried when they use my MM because they're not aware of that as well and renamed a couple of my tracks lol.
That's when you'd use the suggested Party Mode so they can't edit your tracks.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

But the Party Mode puts MM in full screen. What if I/They need to use my computer? I'd have to remove Party Mode? Ok...but why does it have to be that complicated? Can't we just enable/disable the renaming option as Nohitter and I previously mentioned? Or just control it in the hotkeys?

I totally understand that you and surely other people find this useful, but I can assure you that there are people like me that find this disturbing. It's just an additional choice that you would give to users. Where's the harm in that? Especially if this option might cause accidents.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Speakerzmoon wrote:But the Party Mode puts MM in full screen. What if I/They need to use my computer? I'd have to remove Party Mode? Ok...but why does it have to be that complicated? Can't we just enable/disable the renaming option as Nohitter and I previously mentioned? Or just control it in the hotkeys?

I totally understand that you and surely other people find this useful, but I can assure you that there are people like me that find this disturbing. It's just an additional choice that you would give to users. Where's the harm in that? Especially if this option might cause accidents.
Party mode does not have to be full screen. You can change the settings in the MM options.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Ok. But I still don't see why it has to be like that.

Anyways, this post is not a for/against the rename option. I was just asking for an additional useful option and that is : Being able to disable/enable the ability to click rename, because some people, like myself, an MM Gold User, find it annoying and would rather use other shortcuts, like the F2 you mentioned, for renaming because I'm having renaming accidents with the click rename option.

Plus, shortcuts like that have to be optional. The software cannot just impose a shortcut that you don't want there.

And I seriously don't see where's the problem with what I'm suggesting.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Nobody is arguing about your request. All that is being suggested that some of it is already possible in the current MediaMonkey.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Lowlander wrote:All that is being suggested that some of it is already possible in the current MediaMonkey.
I'm afraid not. It is not possible to remove the click-rename option. And that's the main point of the post. Sure, Party mode is helpful when friends are over I will take your advice and use it since there is no other way ''for now'' (hopefully). But the problem is I myself misuse this shortcut by mistakingly slow double clicking each time causing me renaming issues.

All I'm asking for is this shortcut to be optional, not imposed.
bmeyns

Post by bmeyns »

Same request for me. A+
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Undertone wrote:But the problem is I myself misuse this shortcut by mistakingly slow double clicking each time causing me renaming issues.
As I understand it, you don't have the problem with the feature itself, but rather you don't have enough time to double-click. So, maybe your mouse double-click speed settings is set too fast for you? In this case you can adjust the double-clicking speed to your taste in your mouse settings in Windows Control Panel .
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

Old as this topic is, I agree that it is the most annoying thing I deal with in MediaMonkey,
and I use MM almost constantly throughout the day.

Too many times I find that I've changed a field due to slow-clicking.

I don't object to the feature, but would like to disable it on my install.
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

*bump*

It seems every time I select a track, it goes into edit mode on the list.

MediaMonkey is fantastic in pretty much every respect, except this.
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

A way to disable this would be a good move on the Devs part.

Post by Guest »

A way to disable this would be a good move on the Devs part.
Agreed.
flight16

Post by flight16 »

Agreed this makes using Media Monkey frustrating and error-prone. I use other software with the same behavior and there is an option to disable it. I have it disabled.

I would love to see an option to disable this behavior.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

After all these years !! There are people in this forum that actually agree with me !! Hallelujah ! hahaha

I've had so many complaining topics with no positive returns (or even offensive replies...) over the years that I just felt like I'm annoying the forum. So ever since I just keep my complaints to myself and friends around me, unfortunately.

Just passed by to see how this forum is doing (after 3 years...wow...time flies). Feels great to read people sharing the same thoughts :)

Keep it up Mediamonkeys ! One day we'll have the Mediamonkey we dream of ... :p

Best