MM More User Friendly - Rating

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

AlanRackham

MM More User Friendly - Rating

Post by AlanRackham »

When in looking at a listing you can rate the song using the mouse, but it does not appear that you can rate the song a 0 (bomb symbol) this way. The only way is to right click on the song and go to my rating. It would be nice if this could be done with the mouse in the listing screen.
kudos

Re: MM More User Friendly - Rating

Post by kudos »

I second this request.

It would also be nice to have a mouse interface rating system (or at least the selectable option of one) in the mini-player as I often keep this sitting in the lower left corner whilst working in other applications. I don't want to have to keep switching back to MM to rate each song if I'm working on a document. That hinders my work considerably.

I would also like to use keyboard shortcuts to rate songs. There are two ways of going about this. A simple 0-5 on the numpad whilst the song is selected is a good start. But it would also be handy to have (customizable) global hotkeys to be able to rate the song even if you're in another application (e.g., CTRL-ALT-0 = bomb; CTRL-ALT-1 = 1 star, etc.).

In my opinion, the first two functions are essential for a program of MM's reputation and quality. I'm really surprised they're not their already. The third, I can wait for.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You can already set hotkeys (even globally) to rate the currently playing track. Options > Hotkeys
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
kudos

Post by kudos »

nohitter151 wrote:You can already set hotkeys (even globally) to rate the currently playing track. Options > Hotkeys
Obviously you're two steps ahead of me. Sorry, I hadn't seen that. Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

kudos wrote: It would also be nice to have a mouse interface rating system (or at least the selectable option of one) in the mini-player as I often keep this sitting in the lower left corner whilst working in other applications. I don't want to have to keep switching back to MM to rate each song if I'm working on a document. That hinders my work considerably.
That is also already available, depending on which skin you use.

kudos

Post by kudos »

nohitter151 wrote:
kudos wrote: It would also be nice to have a mouse interface rating system (or at least the selectable option of one) in the mini-player as I often keep this sitting in the lower left corner whilst working in other applications. I don't want to have to keep switching back to MM to rate each song if I'm working on a document. That hinders my work considerably.
That is also already available, depending on which skin you use.
Thanks. I just switched to the Pulse skin which seems to offer the ratings stars in the mini-player. However, there doesn't seem to be an option to rate something as a bomb. Would you happen to know if there is a skin that offers this feature?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

kudos wrote:
Thanks. I just switched to the Pulse skin which seems to offer the ratings stars in the mini-player. However, there doesn't seem to be an option to rate something as a bomb. Would you happen to know if there is a skin that offers this feature?
No, that's what the request of the original post was made for. A skin can't offer that feature, MM doesn't make it possible.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Mm2 use to allow bomb ratings and we use to make custom stars for it but mm3 changed to only allow custom stars in the players, and default stars in the listview and properties tags, but the bomb rating had a qustion asked here in forum of along the lines,, keep bomb or lose bomb images. You know which was done as bomb images are gone. But i think all that was right before nohitter151 got here. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.