Podcasting support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Mike H

Post by Mike H »

http://www.schmeeky.co.uk/mmpodcasts/mm ... _0.3.1.msi

OK, hopefully that should fix the problem people have been having.

If you want to make it import the old podcast entries from the INI file, you have to remove the Cache= line from the Podcasts section (if it exists).

Mike.
domc

Post by domc »

Still getting some errors:

Error #-2147467261 - Sharpcast
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
file: "c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Podcasts.vbs",Line: 68, column: 4

After than I get an "error accessing script event".

Everything went smoothly. I can insert podcasts and download with no problems. Even transfer to my Zen V Mp3 player.
But I get this errer when trying to access my regular Mp3 music files.
This happens just by selecting an Mp3 file ("error accessing script event").
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Gah, I really need to improve my testing, sorry.

Try it now:
http://www.schmeeky.co.uk/mmpodcasts/mm ... _0.3.2.msi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've installed 0.3.2 and having started MM I now have a progress bar saying "Updating podcast 1/2 (...)".

1) Shouldn't this disappear once it's finished? - Clicking "Terminate" hasn't helped either.
2) When it's doing the first one it says "0/2" and when it's doing the second one it says "1/2" - shouldn't it be "1/2" then "2/2"?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
domc

Post by domc »

Looks like 0.3.2 is much inproved but I did get an error (1 time) that said:

There was a problem querying the database:
HY001:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Driver] Cannot open any more tables.

When starting MM the first time (check podcast download) after installing 0.3.2 and then I got a hard crash and exit from MM. HOWEVER, the subsequent 3-4 times using MM with MMpodcast installed seems to be OK.

So right now everything is ok but I will keep an eye on it. I am really glad you got this working and are keeping up with it and it's bugs. THANKS!
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

domc, I think the problem with the error on start up was probably related to some settings being set by 0.3.0 which were then updated by the new version. You shouldn't see that problem again hopefully. The database table one is related to C# garbage collection I think, I need to make sure it gets rid of old database queries. I'll look into it.

Rik, I haven't seen that updating problem in the last few versions, I'll check it again. I hadn't noticed the 0/2 thing, I'll fix that.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The progress bar is definitely staying there. Maybe it's something to do with the podcast itself? Although it wasn't happening with 0.3.0 and I'm using the same settings so I'm not sure. :-?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

How do you import the old settings?
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

To make it import the old settings, delete the Cache= line in the INI file. This will make the plugin create a new cache, which it will populate with the podcasts specified using the old settings.

I suspect the bug is new, I modified the update progress code slightly to fix the crash that was occurring when it reached the end of the update.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I uninstalled version 0.3.2 completely, removed ALL the ini entries, and then reinstalled version 0.3.2 and it all works perfectly! Previously I was installing 0.3.2 over 0.3.0, but a fresh installation seems to have done the trick.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Excellent, that's good.

I need to work out why the installer doesn't uninstall the previous version (it's supposed to apparently).
domc

Post by domc »

The lastest version has some issues here.

I can delete a podcast from the list but it does not dissappear from the Podcast Node.

This podcast and one other is giving me Shoutcast errors when VERIFYING. If I install anyway by clicking ADD, I get a database error from MM and a hard crash. It also does some funky things to the Podcast below or above when listing the shows in MM. Like missing artist on the first line of the first show.
http://digiphoto.thepodcastnetwork.com/feed
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

domc wrote:The lastest version has some issues here.

I can delete a podcast from the list but it does not dissappear from the Podcast Node.
That's because the podcast node just shows you what's in the podcast rss feed - you can't remove episodes from the rss, and once the track is deleted from the database there's nothing to indicate that it was deleted.

This links to the problem that if a track is 'autodeleted', it may then be downloaded again on the next 'autodownload'. I have to work on a way around this, perhaps putting some extra info in the database.
domc wrote: This podcast and one other is giving me Shoutcast errors when VERIFYING. If I install anyway by clicking ADD, I get a database error from MM and a hard crash. It also does some funky things to the Podcast below or above when listing the shows in MM. Like missing artist on the first line of the first show.
http://digiphoto.thepodcastnetwork.com/feed
For some reason, not every entry in that podcast feed has an associated mp3 file, which is why the errors are appearing. You can just ignore them, the non-mp3 episodes are just ignored.

When I add that podcast, it works fine, could you post a screenshot of the error message? Also, make sure you have uninstalled the previous versions of the plugin, and reinstall the latest version.

For the next version I'll try to make sure these things are taken into account in making the plugin easier to use.

Hope that helps, Mike.
domc

Post by domc »

Well, I totally cleared out MMpodcast and reintalled the latest. Everything was fine and downloaded files. I shut down MM and did some other things (browsing web) maybe even rebooted once. Started up MM and I get the following error below and then a hard database crash with MM and then shut down. When getting the HY001 error, I get two of these screens before the hard crash. This happens when checking for new podcasts at start up. I understand that this is an old problem with an older version. Weird. I did install 3.2 version

I'll uninstall again and see if I get the same errors.

http://lh5.google.com/dcotignola/RQ32v1 ... imgmax=288
Dominic
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Ok, thanks Dominic,

I'll see if I can reproduce the error.

This shouldn't happen when updating the podcasts, since that doesn't perform any database queries. It could happen when listing the episodes though, which is when the querying is done.

Mike.