Album-based Playlist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

GrapeShasta

Album-based Playlist

Post by GrapeShasta »

I listen to music almost exclusively by album. So when I switch to the Now Playing view, I'd love to have an option for a playlist that is focused on albums. The currently playing or selected album would be expanded to display all tracks, but the other albums would be collapsed, so that just the Album Artist and Album Title are displayed. This would make it much easier to look at which albums I have queued up, and to select the order in which to play them. It would also be nice to have an Album Shuffle mode, which selects a random album but plays that album in order.

If this is implemented, there are some other cool things that could be optionally added to it. There could be an option to display the album art for each album. There could be a way to add another playlist as a sort of virtual album, which acts like an album but could take its songs from anywhere. It would also be nice to have a separate floating window displaying the album art for the current album in full size.

Thanks! MM rocks!
LanceVictor

Re: Album-based Playlist

Post by LanceVictor »

GrapeShasta wrote:I listen to music almost exclusively by album. So when I switch to the Now Playing view, I'd love to have an option for a playlist that is focused on albums. The currently playing or selected album would be expanded to display all tracks, but the other albums would be collapsed, so that just the Album Artist and Album Title are displayed.
To expand on that idea, why not a "group by" function for the TrackList panel kind of like Outlook?
GrapeShasta wrote:It would also be nice to have a separate floating window displaying the album art for the current album in full size.
Yes the current floating window doesn't update when the song changes. It would also be nice to be able to cycle through album art when there is more than one picture. Also being able to dock MM to the Task bar like MediaPlayer would be nice...

Lance
Krs0

Post by Krs0 »

I am clueless on why MM is not groping tracks by albums when you add them to a playlist.

If you add lets say 20 tracks and 5 albums to a list, it would be much easier to scroll through 25 items than through 200!!!.

The list gets a lot tidier if tracks from same album would be grouped in some way.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Change View to Art with Details.