android

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: android

Post by nohitter151 »

on board wrote:Gotta say I am disappointed in MM for totally dropping the Android folks from consideration.
Who ever said MM "totally dropped android folks"?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Jon EP

Post by Jon EP »

I'm planning on buying an android tablet. I manage all my music with MM and I love it. I'd really love to have a MediaMonkey app on the tablet itself -- a player that would include most of MM's features, would play nicely with the desktop, sync via wifi, etc.

Thanks.
umbilicalbungee

Post by umbilicalbungee »

I'm now using Double Twist as an android app and PC client to sync ratings and play counts. It works well for that so far. Though the software is a bit on the slow side, and the PC client has much fewer features than MM, but making my music portable and easily syncable is more important to me at this point so I'm dropping MM.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You are aware that MediaMonkey can sync music to Android devices?
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Would also love to see an app that could sync played count on android. Android will become THE OS of choice on mobile phones, It's pretty obvious mobile phones will pretty much KILL everything but low end stand alone MP3 players in the future. I purchased a touch screen for for $180 I can buy an 8GB card for $20, why would I want an MP3 player with 8GB memory for $100 which can't make calls or play video, browse the net or play thousands of games? The smart phone will rule all. We need this app!
MikeCerm

Post by MikeCerm »

Lowlander wrote:You are aware that MediaMonkey can sync music to Android devices?
No, it can't. It sort of works once you've hacked the .ini, but I've tried 3 different devices and playlists don't work on any of them.
rausch101

Post by rausch101 »

Another huge +1 to a fully-featured Android Sync. (actually it's more like +4 as 3 of my friends are also in desperate need)

Long-time MM user and will be using Winamp till this feature is added, which sucks because I originally switched from winamp haha. (http://androidandme.com/2010/10/applica ... oid+and+Me)
LiquidBreadMan

Post by LiquidBreadMan »

Good luck with Winamp.

The wi-fi sync sucks and you can't edit tags in the grid.
rausch101

Post by rausch101 »

LiquidBreadMan wrote:Good luck with Winamp.

The wi-fi sync sucks and you can't edit tags in the grid.
I'm ok with USB, but agreed that the lack of in-grid tag editing is pretty inconvenient.
on board

Post by on board »

nohitter151 wrote:
on board wrote:Gotta say I am disappointed in MM for totally dropping the Android folks from consideration.

It just sounds based on the nature of conversations in here that this is among the lowest priorities.

I am just disappointed since I like MM gold better than other media players / organizers, but since I have started using an Android smartphone as my substitute for an Ipod, there have been a number of issues that don't seem like they would be all that hard to address.

While some people are asking for a dedicated MM app from the Marketplace, I think what all Android users would really want is simply a more integrated sync experience that includes all the analytics that Iphone / Ipod users get. Whether this requires a special media player app, or whether it would work more behind the scenes is not for me to say since I am just the end user.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

on board wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:

It just sounds based on the nature of conversations in here that this is among the lowest priorities.

I am just disappointed since I like MM gold better than other media players / organizers, but since I have started using an Android smartphone as my substitute for an Ipod, there have been a number of issues that don't seem like they would be all that hard to address.

While some people are asking for a dedicated MM app from the Marketplace, I think what all Android users would really want is simply a more integrated sync experience that includes all the analytics that Iphone / Ipod users get. Whether this requires a special media player app, or whether it would work more behind the scenes is not for me to say since I am just the end user.
As far as I can see the only difference between iPhone and android sync is the lack of playcount/ratings updates. And that problem is directly a result of an unstandardized music player for android. I don't really understand what the "easy fix" you are expecting MM to implement is?

Post by Guest »

re nohitter151

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Almost all other media players including I-tunes (arch Android enemy) can sync properly with Android phones. Some have created there own media player app and some have created a database that sites on the phone and talks with the media player on the computer to keep info up to date. It is not because Android default player is to basic, that is a complete cop out and if it was true no other Media players would be able to sync.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:re nohitter151

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Almost all other media players including I-tunes (arch Android enemy) can sync properly with Android phones. Some have created there own media player app and some have created a database that sites on the phone and talks with the media player on the computer to keep info up to date. It is not because Android default player is to basic, that is a complete cop out and if it was true no other Media players would be able to sync.
I guess the developers have no idea what they're talking about either then. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 823#c21296

And sure, you can sync with iTunes using some 3rd party addon. But even that doesn't work with all the different phones with different versions of Android. Just look how complicated it is reading this FAQ:
http://jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/iSyncr_FAQ_Advanced

H2o

Post by H2o »

let the team fix lastfm, theyre so lazy they need to be pushed. and stop bothering them whit android
Lapwing

Post by Lapwing »

Are we loosing touch? The Winamp beta Android player is there, together with sync functionality in Winamp v5.56. Android app is a must to keep up!