Save Views

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Brouwerik

Save Views

Post by Brouwerik » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 am

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to save views, like witch windows are opened, how they are docked etc.
So it's easy to switch with one click instead of dragging and opening/closing windows when you want a different look.

nynaevelan

Re: Save Views

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 am

Yes it would.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Well, using party mode you could save 2 different window layouts. But I guess you're asking for more than just 2.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 pm

I would want more than 2 and definately not in party mode. I like particular layouts when I am editing certain fields, such as album art or lyrics. These need to differ from what is open when I am just listening to music. MoDementia used to have a script that saved the columns which were visible, but it would be nice if it could also customize the panels which are open/closed.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:40 am

I don't want it in Partymode either. Altought the quick switching between views is the thing what I want, but I still want to be able to do everything. Like Nyn said, I use different views too for Adding/Editing/Tagging/Organizing and for just Listening/Browsing/Edit minor things.

Viper21

Post by Viper21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:12 am

This is a VERY old wishlist thread... :-?

I too would very much like to be able to save a few custom layouts or views (some in "lean" mode and some with more panes/windows displayed) and be able to quickly switch between them by simply clicking an icon or button in the UIs.

MM4 has the new tabs feature, but as far as I can tell they are designed really for displaying different music "collections" and not so much for different layouts. What's more, one can't save the tabs with a custom name and I can't protect tabs from being deleted by other family members. :cry:

-Viper21