Wishing for: auto-saved queue and smarter auto-playlists

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

laze

Wishing for: auto-saved queue and smarter auto-playlists

Post by laze »

My two wishes:

1. This one's a biggie: I'd love to see MediaMonkey save state on the Now Playing list anytime there's a change (new/removed tracks, new song played, etc.) I experience a few too many crashes (mainly with the beta version, but it would happen on rare occasions with stable versions, too). After a crash, I'm stuck with the Now Playing queue from the last time MediaMonkey successfully closed rather than the queue that was active when the application crashed. This really, really sucks since I tend to queue up lots of music at a time.

2. I know there are lots of requests for smarter auto-playlists (being able to do both ANDs and ORs to construct more complex queries) and that there are a number of plug-ins/scripts that extend MediaMonkey's native capability, but as far as I've been able to tell, there's no way to do two things I find myself wishing for frequently:

a. Filter out artists that have been played within the last x hours/days/months/etc. Sometimes I like to rediscover artists (not just songs) that I haven't heard in a while.

b. Build a playlist that limits the number of times an artist will appear. There are a few artists that I have particularly large collections of, but they tend to come up a bit too frequently in my randomized auto-playlists. I'd like to be able to say, "build me an MP3 CD where no artist appears more than once."
Spazz

Re: Wishing for: auto-saved queue and smarter auto-playlists

Post by Spazz »

I am wholeheartedly with you on the smart playlist suggestions. Especially limiting the number of artists on a smart playlist. I've been wanting this since I started using MM years ago.