start time/stop time

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

zotje

start time/stop time

Post by zotje »

I was trying to create a playlist for the gym and wanted some songs on my playlist which are perfect for the gym...but some start a little slow...or end slow.
I know some software packages let you adjust the starting/ending position of a song. I haven't found this feature in MM. Is there such a feature...and if not...anyone have any ideas of how to create a playlist like this?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

slow as in the gap between songs is too long.? go to the options and to the output plug in panel then pick the direct sound one. then on the right of the panel you see the configure button. click it and adjust the crossfade to what you want. or uncheck the crossfade and just leave the remove silent space checked. it only removes it doing play back.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

No, I think he means the intro/outro sections of various songs are too slow.

And no, there is no real way to 'mix' the songs other than playing them with the 'crossfade' option enabled, and would only work via mm itself, not thru a mp3 player used at a gym.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Teknojnky wrote:No, I think he means the intro/outro sections of various songs are too slow.

And no, there is no real way to 'mix' the songs other than playing them with the 'crossfade' option enabled, and would only work via mm itself, not thru a mp3 player used at a gym.
oh if thats the case then they could use the wav editor route
and take all the songs they want to listen to that is for the time of their work out. say 35 minutes of songs for a 30 minute work out.

then convert all those songs in to the wav format with media monkey.
then in the wav editing studio say audio city which is what everyone likes. and is free. but take the songs in to that editor and cut the front and ends off the songs to the point where they sound good and change with out noticable switch in songs. then merge all the wav's together and save it as one big wav file.
name it what you want it as like ? mondayworkout.wav then scan that back in to monkey and convert the whole thing to a mp3 file then use that on the portable mp3 player.
:P
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
zotje

Post by zotje »

Thanks. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it was pretty much what I expected.
I use this feature all the time in itunes and was hoping mm had it too.
For example, listen to Tesla's Love Song. It's got about a minute of this annoying melody before getting to the actual song you remember from the radio.
sallyxi

Re: start time/stop time

Post by sallyxi »

ENYA`s songs, they can make you all relaxed,your every piece of musle can have a break when listenning to this kind of songs.
AJ

Post by AJ »

zotje wrote:Thanks. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it was pretty much what I expected.
I use this feature all the time in itunes and was hoping mm had it too.
For example, listen to Tesla's Love Song. It's got about a minute of this annoying melody before getting to the actual song you remember from the radio.
I agree. I recently switched from iTunes to MM. And this is the only feature I'm missing. It should have an option of where to start and/or stop individual songs. I've got quite a few songs that have around a minute of no music at the start or the end of the file. It gets quite annoying. And cutting them after converting to WAV and then converting back is quite a tedious job.
Rumbelstilzchen

Post by Rumbelstilzchen »

AJ wrote:...I've got quite a few songs that have around a minute of no music at the start or the end of the file. It gets quite annoying. And cutting them after converting to WAV and then converting back is quite a tedious job.
That's correct - but have a look at http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html with this tool you can cut the mp3 directly without any conversion
WMP11-Skin for MonkeyRok - Forum - Download

Post by Guest »

Rumbelstilzchen wrote:That's correct - but have a look at http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html with this tool you can cut the mp3 directly without any conversion
Thanks for that. Though not the easiest tool to use, it's a worthy program. At least it retains the tag info.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Start/Stop times are more related to CUE support and Better Automatization implementation of DJ scripts, current playback engine as designed can't support full/correct implementations and I hope that will all agree that MM do not integrate things half done or at least things that is not planned to finish and make it right.

Me as DJ would like to see that feature as it will let me to code scripts to make automatic Mixes using playlists and support writing CDs in fluent mixed /crossfading mode.

EDIT: This is noted in our To-Do.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts