MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I would like to see MediaMonkey for other OS than Windows

You may select 1 option

View results

sunspot

Remote Speaker Support

Post by sunspot »

sdvorian2 wrote:iTunes vs. MM is definitely a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig loser, however, there's one thing in iTunes that saves it the right to live on my mac - it's remote speaker support. Wich the MM had it sometime in the future.
MediaMonkey can utilize the Remote Speakers Output Plugin for Winamp, available from http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_apx.html. Using that, you can stream audio to any receiver or pair of speakers connected to an AirPort Express. It even supports the Keyspan remote.
sdvorian

Post by sdvorian »

MediaMonkey can utilize the Remote Speakers Output Plugin for Winamp, available from http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_apx.html. Using that, you can stream audio to any receiver or pair of speakers connected to an AirPort Express. It even supports the Keyspan remote.
Isn't that fantastic?!!! I love MM!!! Thanks sunspot!
sdvorian

Post by sdvorian »

In fact I justed googled "airport remote speakers for winamp" and figured that Rouge Amoeba has also developed an app for windows streaming to airport express. Somewhat different from a winamp plug-in in concept, though still does the job.

Amazing, I did the exact same search a year ago and there was nothing like that, so I thought, just like anything in the world of Apple .. remote speakes capablities would stay fenced by Apple forever ...

however, the fence around airport express streaming has been broken... Well, great news. Why not to incorporate this into MM then? Especially given that remote streaming would only gain popularity over time.
loreen

Post by loreen »

MediaMonkey is definitely the best player out there!
I'm using it with Vmware Fusion and the Unity-feature enabled. It works well, but I'd love to see a native Version for Mac.
It would certainly profit a lot, since MM is literally the only player in town.
iTunes, come on, is nothing compared and Macs are still on the rise, like mentioned above. And a lot of Users are willing to pay a fair price.
Some motivation :Image
Though there can be something changed with the last picture...MM rules and deserves more!

If you don't believe it,check it out here.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Check out http://www.google.com/trends It's a much better representation of what people want.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
XratedFozzibaer

MM3 and then Mac?

Post by XratedFozzibaer »

Maybe after the launch of MM3 the developers may consider porting MM to Mac OSX!?

I would love it!!!
Alex a.k.a. lxne
---------------------------
http://www.lxne.eu
MBP, OSX Leopard

Re: Hallelujah It Worked!!!!!

Post by Guest »

chenango232 wrote:I updated to the latest version of Parallels (build 3186) and it is truly amazing! USB 2.0 worked flawlessly. The only hitch is that you have to manually switch the USB from MAC to Parallels (or give it full time control).
Any tips on how to do this manual switch to get the USB under Parallels control (so I can sync my iPod)? I just started using a MacBook and I really miss my MediaMonkey :(
T2k

Re: MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Post by T2k »

psyXonova wrote:
jmac wrote:After 19 odd years of working with IBM/MS PCs I've just switched to a Mac. Love it but it doesn't run Media Monkey! :cry: (Except under VIrtual PC - which sorta defeats the purpose).
Every decision comes with a cost...
Apple is great... when it comes to Mp3 Players and OS functionality
Besides that, its still a pain on the neck (IMO always!! :lol: )
Let's stop spreading the false news - Apple is anything but great when it comes to MP3s. OS X functionality is another weird point - there's only few software exist for ANY activity on OS X, unlike on Linux or Windows where you can literally choose from HUNDREDS.
T2k

Post by T2k »

loreen wrote:MediaMonkey is definitely the best player out there!
I'm using it with Vmware Fusion and the Unity-feature enabled. It works well, but I'd love to see a native Version for Mac.
It would certainly profit a lot, since MM is literally the only player in town.
iTunes, come on, is nothing compared and Macs are still on the rise, like mentioned above. And a lot of Users are willing to pay a fair price.
Some motivation :Image
Though there can be something changed with the last picture...MM rules and deserves more!

If you don't believe it,check it out here.
What the hell is this 'googlefight' crap?

Seriously, it's powerful stupid.
Fruktkake

Post by Fruktkake »

I am also hoping it comes for Macs. Over time I am thinking of getting an iMac, even though I know most there is to know about PCs, I build them etc.

Post by Guest »

I'm running MediaMonkey under Parallels in convergence mode. Have the taskbar hidden and running a minimal install of Windows XP. Works great! Definitel had to upgrade the Macbook ram to 2GB though. Now everything is smooth and peachy :) Sync'ing my iPod now using smart playlists. Ahh, feels great to have my MediaMonkey back.
anmol

Post by anmol »

yeh been running mac for about 3 months now and the only program i miss is mediamonkey

i need to figure out a way to get this running on my macbook
probably get a friend who understands this parallels nonsense
vankouver

mac magic monkey

Post by vankouver »

everyone will shi*can itunes and their drm cant share software when MM is in full effect... i rather pay $50 bucks for MM for mac then free itunes and i am sure all the other mac geeks (yes you die hard mac people are geeks) would be willing to pay for a quality software and i am not sure where anubis spits out the 100k$ setup... coding is a bit easier now to go from win to osx... we would all appreciate it

thanx

Post by Guest »

Got MM3 running under Crossover on Mac. However, the player is still screwy (so have to use WinAMP 2.95). I used a WinXP bottle and so I had hoped it would work... no go however :(

MM3 looks fantastic...
Morten

Post by Morten »

Better to compare Windows to OS X, as it's more accurate;

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... word2=os+x

Baibai.
Best regards,
Morten