"Up" arrow for tree browsing

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

revbob

"Up" arrow for tree browsing

Post by revbob »

Does what the up-arrow does in Windows Explorer: moves you up one level in the hierarchy.

<strike>I think this would give users who are used to Windows Explorer functionality they're used to.</strike>

Let's see if I can write a simple English sentence. Windows Explorer already trained users to use the up-arrow, and when they see a treeview control in MM, they expect it to be there.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey Revbob

Could you take a look at the "NodeFromFirstCharacter " script ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 5005#45005 )?

It contains two buttons (<-: go to parent node AND <x: go to parent node and close it) that are (I think) what you mean.
If you can acknowledge this and if you want these buttons (or only one) alone (without the other buttons, without an extra panel), let us know.
Please be sure to say where you would like to have these button(s). I guess the best place would be in front of the "navigation" toolbar (above the library tree).

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).