Better compilation support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Brewsta

Better compilation support

Post by Brewsta »

I realize that MM's compilation support is mostly based on the Album Artist tag -- but I think that's a poor way of implementing it. iTunes supports an ID3v2 bit that says "Is Compilation" and I think that works a lot better. For those of us with tons of compilations, this little irritant is the one thing keeping us from embracing MM wholeheartedly.
revbob

Err, actually I like MM's way better

Post by revbob »

Err, actually I like MM's way better than iTunes' way.

If you set the album artist on all your compilations to "Various Artists", then you can find all your compilations, mix tapes, etc. more easily.

Although I sure would like to have an option for getting rid of "The" in the API. :P
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yeah, I think that the way it's implemented in MediaMonkey is great. One of the reasons I embraced MediaMonkey wholeheartedly as I have many compilation albums.

That doesn't mean that MediaMonkey shouldn't support the Is Compilation field if the standards allow for it. It can probably help people switching from iTunes to quickly modify their library to support compilation albums the MediaMonkey way.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

go in to the options and tell monkey to ignore the word

" The " in the title and there is a script that does the same thing that trixmoto wrote.

so there are two ways to get rid of the word " the " in the title or artist name.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.