Enhanced Scanning Speed

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Enhanced Scanning Speed

Post by Guest »

I'd love to see a faster scanning engine - right now I'm doing an initial scan of my 10K track library over a 108 mbps wireless connection, and it's so very slow. In fact, I find that MediaMonkey is only usable on a local machine where the music is on a local drive. Networked machines, even over gigabit Ethernet, are just too slow. I'm sure there are ways to enhance MediaMonkey's scanning speed...heck, even locally when scanning a local drive it takes quite a while to scan the tracks and update the info.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The first scan takes a while, even locally. But subsequent scans can be faster if you turn off scanning existing files. Or leave it on and also select only for changed timestamp/filesize.

I'm not sure if the scan can be faster. MediaMonkey needs to read the whole file to get the tags. This takes a while, allthough on a wired connection it isn't that slow.
Sparky191

Post by Sparky191 »

On of the reasons I don't use the library. Its too slow on my 50-70k library. Filetree works much faster. This is on a reasonably fast PC too.