MM4 Database is not imported to MM5

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

MM4 Database is not imported to MM5

Post by Snofru »

This has worked in the past and I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore.

I downloaded the current MM5 Beta and installed it as a portable installation (Before that I have deleted the full MM5 portable folder). I accepted the prompt to import the database from MM4 (also portable). But immediately MM5 opened and nothing was imported, there also was no error message.

I have created a Debug Log that maybe is helpful for you. It can be downloaded here: https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/lmBppUpq
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Peke

Re: MM4 Database is not imported to MM5

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Debug Log do not have reference of importing MM4 MM.DB. Can you copy MM.DB from your profile\appdata\roaming\MediaMonkey\ folder to Portable\ folder of MM5 Installation and delete MM5.DB before you start MM5?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Snofru

Re: MM4 Database is not imported to MM5

Post by Snofru »

Thank you, Pavle, following your suggestion I played around a bit and found out what was wrong:
In my MM4 portable installation there were 2 files mm.db, one in the folder "portable" and one in the main folder "MediaMonkey". The 1st one is a more or less empty Database from the day of installation of MM4, the 2nd one is the correct one. MM4 always opened the correct Database but MM5 imported the wrong one.

I then deleted the wrong mm.db but still MM5 (newly installed) didn't import the right one (no import at all), but when I moved the mm.db into the "portable" folder (inside MM4) then it was imported correctly (from an again newly installed MM5).

I don't know how 2 different mm.db files were created but MM4 always automatically opened the correct one, even when I moved it to the "portable" folder (very intelligent software :wink: ), but MM5 only imported the mm.db from the "portable" folder, when there was none it didn't look for the other location.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156