Duplicate Entries Keep Returning

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

Duplicate Entries Keep Returning

Post by dypsis »

I installed a new secondary hard drive on the laptop that I am testing, and when I opened up MM5, it created duplicates. So I have 2 of everything. I thought, "No problem". I'll just sort by the Date Added column and remove everything added Today.

But when I start MM5 the next time the duplicate entries return.
How do I fix this permanently?

Also. Seeing that I am having trouble with this database, I was thinking about transferring my MM4 database on my main computer over to my laptop. How do I go about successfully doing that?
Ludek

Re: Duplicate Entries Keep Returning

Post by Ludek »

Hi, if I understand correctly you replaced your old HDD by a new one and copied all the music files there?
In that case run MM5, go to menu File > Locate moved/missing Files ...
And select the new HDD drive in the tree and click OK, it will match the old links with the new HDD and update (upon confirmation)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Hi.

I messed around with it so much that MM5 said it can't be opened and asked if I wanted to create a new library. I said yes as I was tired of wasting time. MM5 put a .corrupted extension on the old database.

My main concern now is being able to transfer my MM4 database to MM5 without all these problems. My MM4 database is what holds many years of history.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Seeing that you solved the issue could I ask you for the .corrupted version of the database for analyze (if you still have it) ?
Compress it (ZIP, RAR), upload the compressed file to a free file hosting service (DropBox, RapidShare, FileDropper, MediaFire, ...) and share the link to the file with us (e.g. send me private message with the link or open eSupport ticket with the link and put the ticket id here).

Thanks!
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

This issue still hasn't been resolved.
The duplicates keep returning when I start MM5.

I can remove them by enabling the "Added" column, then sort by date added and highlight everything added Today and remove them.
I have then followed Ludek's advice and highlighted the entire library, then go to File > Locate Moved/Missing Files and browse to your music folder.

But they return again next time MM5 starts.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

After removing the duplicates again.
I went to File > Manage Database, and run that.
Then I restarted MM and it seems to have worked.