Virtual CD & Previews [#15270]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Cas

Virtual CD & Previews [#15270]

Post by Cas »

Unfortunally I can't find an option to save CD-tracks to virtual CD or save as a preview as it is in MM4 (Ctrl+H and Shift+Ctrl+P).
When I migrate my MM-database to MM5 and try to play one of the preview tracks (in WMA-format) MM5 crashes.
This makes MM5 for me pretty useless because I have my entire CD-collection saved as previews in MM4.
Peke

Re: Virtual CD & Previews

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Virtual CD and Previews Feature of MMW is not ported to MM5 yet as function as is needs to be redesigned more details at

https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15270

EDIT: I've done tests on My PC by migrating MM4 library with Virtual CD/Preview tracks to MM5 and they played without problems. Can you try to MAnually Drag and Drop WMA files to MM5 from Preview folder and see if they play correctly?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Re: Virtual CD & Previews [#15270]

Post by rusty »

Hi,

As Peke indicated, VCD/Preview files should migrate correctly and play correctly in MM5, even though VCD and Preview functionality is being deprecated in MM5.

If WMA playback (for non-VCD files) works fine for you, then can you please generate a debug log for the problem you're experiencing (see step 4b at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 )?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Cas

Post by Cas »

Hi Rusty / Peek,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't find a debug log as mentioned in the forum. And I have too less knowledge/time/mood for the alternative methods :D

I understand that Previews are not possible as for now, however they are migrated to MM5 as part of my database from MM4.
I give you an example, unfortunately I cannot use screenshots.

1. The path of the first track from my migrated CD preview from the album Acadie from Daniel Lanois is: [Daniel Lanois - Acadie]\Track01.cda
2. When I click on play then I get an error message: The CD-ROM unit [: does not contain track number 1
3. When I click on OK (within the message, the only option) then MM5 crashes and I get an all white screen

Importing my previews as WMA is no option, as they are all samples of 30 seconds. So all my tracks from my fysical CD's will get a length of 30 seconds than.
The solution for me would be to fix the bug of crashing MM5 when trying to play an cda-track when there is now CD in the CD-ROM player. Listening to the 30 second-previews is not possible for the time being, but I can live with that because MM5 looks beautiful and has so much more advantages over MM4.

I use the latest versions of MediaMonkey (5.0.0.2209_Debug) and Windows 10 home (build 1903)
Hopefully I have given enough information to solve this bug.

Thanks in advance.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks--we're working on it.

-Rusty
Cas

Post by Cas »

Hi Rusty,

Problem seems to be solved with build 2211.
I can now listen to my 30 second previews, while the track time is displayed correctly.
Thanks very much.