Feature Request: Add Browse button to artwork lookup

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

BiffTheUnderstudy

Feature Request: Add Browse button to artwork lookup

Post by BiffTheUnderstudy »

When in the properties dialog box for editing track information and on the Artwork tab, there is a Lookup Image... button. In addition to that button, I request there be a Browse... button that goes directly to the file browser interface for selecting an artwork file. It would be even better if it remembered the last folder chosen.

This would save one step for people like me who maintain their own art files and don't use the Lookup Image... function.

Thanks for your consideration!
Peke

Re: Feature Request: Add Browse button to artwork lookup

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can select Track and if Art and Detail window is set to selected you can just Drag and Drop on it to initiate add image. That ill even further lover number of steps :)

For multiple selection I created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15873
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

BiffTheUnderstudy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 am When in the properties dialog box for editing track information and on the Artwork tab, there is a Lookup Image... button. In addition to that button, I request there be a Browse... button that goes directly to the file browser interface for selecting an artwork file.
I support this request also.

MM4 had a separate browse control.

MM5 does have a local browse button inside within its "Lookup Image...", but is laggy due to the Internet lookup, which was not helpful where you are wanting to browse to a local image ... btw it would be clearer if that button label was "Browse Local", because that appears to be an Internet dbox, and I would have assumed that a "Browse" button was just enabling me to do a another (customised) Internet search.

BiffTheUnderstudy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 amIt would be even better if it remembered the last folder chosen.
The MM5 "Browse" button does already default to the previously chosen folder.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I raised talk about that in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 873#c54321 in order to improve Art&Details behavior and make things better.

Suggestions are welcome.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts