Feature Request: Add custom tags

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Monkeyphile

Feature Request: Add custom tags

Post by Monkeyphile »

I would love to see the ability to add and alter tags - both the tag name and, of course, it's value. For eg - My library is mostly flac files and I've noticed some apps/distributors will tag "Album Artists" as "AlbumArtist" (no space) while others will add a space - "Album Artist". Even worse some apps (no names mentioned) will read either (which is great) and write one (not necessarily the one that was read), which can result in duplicate tags with different names. This can create unexpected behavior, if you us multiple apps to manage and play your music. Long story short - I'd like to be able to alter the tag name(s) that is read and written, as I see fit. Short of this, the tag name read should be the tag name written.

The ability to add my own tags would give me the added flexibility of adding custom columns to an album view, etc. This would allow me to break out the track version and an album version from the title and album field, respectively...
Peke

Re: Feature Request: Add custom tags

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We are aware of that (it is like that for long time) and we tried to implement things as much as possible, but if you in the mix add ENSEMBLE tag you get big big mess.

Please do mention apps that you have tested and what you tested in order that we can also test and tweak support accordingly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts