2183 observations [#15793] [#15795]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2183 observations [#15793] [#15795]

Post by Barry4679 »

#1. The (track) Properties menu item is not enabled in the context menu for Pinned Albums on the Home screen ... it is available in other places, eg. in the MediaTree>Pinned node

#2. Using the Home panel .... if I Pin an album from the eye candy line of promoted albums ... the home panel is not refreshed to show the newly pinned album ... I need to navigate from|to the Home screen to cause the pinned album to show.

#3. Art&Details Selected panel ... layout=Advanced ... the font colour for the tag values is inconsistent .. it would be best if the labels had one colour, and the values some other (consistent) colour ... it makes the panel harder to read

#4. I tested UI robustness during a GPM sync ... at first it seemed ok ... but it soon froze ... wheel still spinning, but the status bar, which was displaying scan progress, stopped being updated ... MM5 consuming 60% cpu ... no disk ... UI non-responsive ... closed MM5, and got I got crash 46CB28FA
Reran with debug ... PM'd a log file link to Ludek ... this time was only consuming 8% cpu ... UI frozen again.
? Maybe lock the Ui during GPM scan?

#5. Tried closing the Player panel while GPM sync was running .... my request was ignored .... ? because the sync is logging to that panel? ....if so, maybe you should popup a dbox telling me that the panel can be closed at the end of the sync? ... especially because the sync (playlist) continues after the wheel stops spinning, and after the scan completion dbox.
I could close the Player panel after the sync completed.

#6. I can no longer turn off|off sync logging by clicking the spinning wheel ... intentional?

#7. Should the FilesToEdit>UnknownActors node list audio tracks?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Re: 2183 observations

Post by MiPi »

#1 #2 reproduced even more problems with handling pinned item, to be fixed.
#3 the different color is caused by this skin's style of hyperlinks, the brown values are clickable
#7 is bug, tracked: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15793
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Thanks.

Something else. I am fairly sure that this sql error came when I opened FilesToEdit>MultipleArtistAlbums. I can't replicate the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym2q1ecyf98pd ... e.png?dl=0

btw the above query still looks only at albums with 7 or less tracks ... that makes no sense at all ... 82% of my albums have more than 7 tracks ... my average album size is 12 tracks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6994faod8oey8 ... s.png?dl=0

I have 3784 albums; mix of classical and "music"
The stats are:
1402 albums >12 tracks
234 albums >20 tracks
75 albums >25 tracks
20 albums >30 tracks
18 albums >31 tracks
9 albums >32 tracks
7 albums >33 tracks
4 albums >34 tracks

If the intent is remove the noise created for users with tracks with blank album tags. the limit should be 30 tracks at least, to avoid not analysing legitimate albums.

And why ignore flac albums? ... is that what it is doing?

There doesn't seem to be a resource requirement for your exclusions. I commented out your exclusions, and the query ran over 45,000 tracks in under 4 seconds.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r30dp662tyq3x ... s.png?dl=0

The MM5 query shows I have only 1 pair of albums with the same title, but my query above shows that I actually have 19 of them.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:53 am btw the above query still looks only at albums with 7 or less tracks ... that makes no sense at all ... 82% of my albums have more than 7 tracks ... my average album size is 12 tracks.

And why ignore flac albums? ... is that what it is doing?
Limit 8 tracks for this function is the same, as in all previous versions of Media Monkey.
Your query indicates, that you have activated some manual filter, or custom collection with this filter, there is no limitation of FLAC or bitrate in this.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

MiPi wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:59 am Your query indicates, that you have activated some manual filter, or custom collection with this filter, there is no limitation of FLAC or bitrate in this.
Thanks. I can replicate the issue now ... I was testing over a custom collection defined like this.

You agree that it is a bug that MM5 generates an invalid sql query from this custom collection?
btw this didn't happen in MM4 .... the collection was migrated from my MM4 db.

MiPi wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:59 am Limit 8 tracks for this function is the same, as in all previous versions of Media Monkey.
I am not sure what you are saying here. ... Surely you will fix MM4 bugs in MM5, as they are reported?

I can't see how you describe this as anything other than a bug. It is only reporting upon 14% of my collection. ... My collection is standard collection ... a mix of genres ... 99.something percent of it is just standard cds ... box sets are ripped as "<album name>, disk 1" and "<album name>, disk 2" etc.

It reports that I have just 1 album with this condition ... I have 19

Maybe there were resource limitations when MM was 1st built in 2000, but that was when our PCs had 265mb ... is MM5 still trying to support versions of Windows from the 1980's, ie pre virtual memory? ... as I demonstrated you can scan more than the bottom 14% of a large collection without straining too much.

If you are going to leave this as is, you should change the node name to make it more honest ... eg.
  • >FilesToEditFrom14%OfYourCollection>MultipleArtistAlbums
  • or FilesToEdit>MultipleArtistEPs
  • :)
Does this bug affect other reports in the FilesToEdit node?
MiPi

Re: 2183 observations [#15793]

Post by MiPi »

Yes, it is bug in generating SQL query for such collection, thanks, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15795

Re Multiple Artists Albums - it is intended behavior, all nodes under "Files to Edit" are meant to show suspicious files in a lot of ways. This particular feature is very old and was created years before I joined MediaMonkey team, but I guess, it shows files, where album has the same name, but artist is different for some files. I.e. where it seems, that the files should have the same artist as the rest of the files with the same album name, but they do not have (typically because of some typo). In case more than 7 files has the same artist(s), it concludes, that it is intended, that the artist is different, and does not show such album.
Barry4679

Re: 2183 observations [#15793]

Post by Barry4679 »

MiPi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 am In case more than 7 files has the same artist(s), it concludes, that it is intended, that the artist is different, and does not show such album.
OK. Thanks for explaining.