A few bugs related to adding media to the library

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

DieHardDan

A few bugs related to adding media to the library

Post by DieHardDan »

Hello, I noticed when I use "Locate Moved/Missing Files" in MediaMonkey, it won't locate files with parentheses in the track title. for example; (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone by the monkees

bug 2: when I right click on a track and go to properties to manually change the location of a track, as soon as I begin to type, mediamonkey freezes %100 percent of the time. error report log id:C62EB553

bug 3: If I drag and drop audio files into mediamonkey, it scans and adds everything downstream instead of only the files i dropped in

bug 4 when I minimize mediamonkey by clicking it on the start menu, medimonkey icon will flash
Update* it only does this when you open and then close any settings menu. it doesn't do it when you first start MM

Using windows 10 64bit
mediamonkey build 2170

Thanks
Ludek

Re: A few bugs related to adding media to the library

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting.

I can replicate item 2 -- is tracked (and will be fixed) as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15616
Test note: this happens only when you open the Properties dialog second time after the MM5 startup.

Re: items 1,3,4 -- to be looked into...
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

Bug #2 and #4 I believe are related, it seems that when you close any type of menu it never actually closes and stays active in the background because when you open another menu you can sometimes see the old menu instance flash a little
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

#1) i cannot reproduce that issue :-/
#3) i've tried to drop some non-database tracks to new playlist and just them were added to DB (even when there're much more tracks in same folder and subfolders)
#4) will be fixed in next build
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

PetrCBR wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 am #1) i cannot reproduce that issue :-/ Sorry, it seems that all of the tracks with parentheses got deleted out of the source folder, i'm not sure why or how:/ so I guess ignore this for now
#3) i've tried to drop some non-database tracks to new playlist and just them were added to DB (even when there're much more tracks in same folder and subfolders)please try again, this time drop the track directly onto "music" in the left hand browser
#4) will be fixed in next build
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

#3) reproduced ... thanks
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643