CD Rip [#15318]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Asect

CD Rip [#15318]

Post by Asect »

Have ripped 3 CD's utilizing MediaMonkey 5. A couple of questions:
1. No Automatic Pop Up Windows When CD is Inserted? My process has been to insert the CD (Nothing happens). Go to Menu, Tools, Rip Audio CD (Then get pop up window and begin ripping).
2. No More Progress Bars or Menu's? As stated no other menu pops up once CD is inserted. Once Rip Audio CD is chosen from the menu, tools option the process begins and the only progress seen is the upper right hand corner "circle arrow" turning. Nothing shows what track is being ripped, if volume is being leveled, etc. The option to eject CD upon completion is selected, so that is the only way to know progress. The CD ejects when finished.
3. Volume Leveling Isn't Selected Across Menu's? In Tools, Options, Player, Volume Leveling I have selected Level Playback/Sync per track and Level Playback Volume to 92dB. Also selected is Level Ripped Tracks per album at the same 92dB and selected clipping prevention. However, when the CD Rip Pop Up Window opens, Level Track Volume IS NOT SELECTED. Should this not be consistent across the various leveling options?

Here is a link to some screenshots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146019547 ... res/44CD3Z
Ludek

Re: CD Rip

Post by Ludek »

1. No Automatic Pop Up Windows When CD is Inserted? My process has been to insert the CD (Nothing happens). Go to Menu, Tools, Rip Audio CD (Then get pop up window and begin ripping).
Thanks for reporting this. Added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15318 -- seems that this hasn't been ported from MM4 yet.
Last edited by Ludek on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ludek

Re: CD Rip [#15318]

Post by Ludek »

Just to confirm, are you referring the "Import freedb album data dialog" like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7n0x8iyn7vg3 ... 1.png?dl=0
?

2. No More Progress Bars or Menu's? As stated no other menu pops up once CD is inserted. Once Rip Audio CD is chosen from the menu, tools option the process begins and the only progress seen is the upper right hand corner "circle arrow" turning. Nothing shows what track is being ripped, if volume is being leveled, etc. The option to eject CD upon completion is selected, so that is the only way to know progress. The CD ejects when finished.
You can simply hover over the "circle arrow" turning to see the progress or click on it and the progress bar will appear at the bottom of player (as in MM4).

3. Volume Leveling Isn't Selected Across Menu's? In Tools, Options, Player, Volume Leveling I have selected Level Playback/Sync per track and Level Playback Volume to 92dB. Also selected is Level Ripped Tracks per album at the same 92dB and selected clipping prevention. However, when the CD Rip Pop Up Window opens, Level Track Volume IS NOT SELECTED. Should this not be consistent across the various leveling options?
I guess this is consistent with MM4? i.e. in Options you can select the target level and whether you want to level per track or per album, but the 'Level track volume' checkbox on the rip dialog still needs to be selected manually. Or are you saying that there is something bad about this also in MM4? Can you elaborate?
Asect

Re: CD Rip [#15318]

Post by Asect »

Just to confirm, are you referring the "Import freedb album data dialog" like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7n0x8iyn7vg3 ... 1.png?dl=0?
No....In Mediamonkey 4, as soon as you inserted a CD and the drive spun up, a Pop Up window would automatically come up (like the one in the screenshot) providing details about the CD Rip (Rip path, bitrate, sample rate, etc.) In Mediamonkey 5 the window does not appear UNTIL you manually select from menu Tools/Rip Audio CD. The process seemed to be more "automated" in MM4. However, the import freedb information does not pop up either, as it did in MM4 (but only when multiple choices for tagging existed. If no multiple choices for tagging existed, only the previously mentioned CD Ripping Pop Up Window would appear).
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwFfvme
You can simply hover over the "circle arrow" turning to see the progress or click on it and the progress bar will appear at the bottom of player (as in MM4).

In MM4 the progress bars automatically appeared at the bottom of the MM window during CD Rip. I believe this is a much better system, as progress is easily seen during the CD Rip, other than forcing additional step (clicking on "circle arrow" to see progress). If not, perhaps offer an option for this behavior?
I guess this is consistent with MM4? i.e. in Options you can select the target level and whether you want to level per track or per album, but the 'Level track volume' checkbox on the rip dialog still needs to be selected manually. Or are you saying that there is something bad about this also in MM4? Can you elaborate?
Perhaps you are correct....but honestly I don't remember exactly. It seems to me that once track and album leveling were selected and set in Options, I never had to choose that in the CD Rip Window again. And, once CD Ripping began, track leveling showed a progress bar at the bottom of the MM4 window ALONG with the CD Ripping progress bar (two bars at bottom of MM4 window - one showing what track was being ripped and progress, one showing tracks being leveled and progress.)