Importing MM4 database into MM5 [#14890]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Importing MM4 database into MM5 [#14890]

Post by Barry4679 »

The database is imported, but some of the MM4 config settings are not imported
  • ie. I have a MM4 collection with the AlbumArtist node enabled ... this node is imported to MM5, but the AlbumArtist node is not enabled
  • in MM4 the EntireLibrary node is enabled ... but not enabled in the MM5 db imported from MM4 db
  • the MM5 Media Tree node sequence is different in the MM4 node sequence
Also my new MM5 db, from a clean install, has two albums "pinned" .... where is this specification coming from?

Is probably time that you renamed the default MM5 server name to "MediaMonkey5 Library" ... ie. at Tools|OptionsMediaSharing|
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Re: 2145: Importing MM4 database into MM5

Post by PetrCBR »

In MM5 we have changed system for UI settings and storage (from MediaMonkey.ini to persistent.json as json is native for JavaScript), so almost none of the UI settings persist from MM4. Database should be migrated from MM4 installation.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I was thinking almost the same
Barry4679 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:41 am
  • in MM4 the EntireLibrary node is enabled ... but not enabled in the MM5 db imported from MM4 db
and I added it at our ToDo
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

PetrCBR wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:24 pm In MM5 we have changed system for UI settings and storage (from MediaMonkey.ini to persistent.json as json is native for JavaScript), so almost none of the UI settings persist from MM4.
But you presumably you read the MM4 ini file, because up until this latest release you were able to find my MM4 custom db location.

So you have the MM4 UI settings, which you could use to initialise the MM5 json file.

Would be nice if an upgrade from MM4 to MM5 didn't involve a loss of current UI customisation. ... don't you think?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

You're right, but some parts were completely changed and it could be tricky to import settings for them ... collections, views for example. We've tried to import most of the settings from ini, but not all ... but in general it wasn't UI settings.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643