Request: Ability to Restore Default Sorting

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

malkierian

Request: Ability to Restore Default Sorting

Post by malkierian »

This is mostly applicable to only playlists, as I don't know how it would work with library listings, but when clicking on a column to sort by that column, you can only ever make it ascending or descending. You can't disable the column sort without going to another view, like another playlist. Having a third state, where it goes Ascending->Descending->Disabled, to restore the original order of the playlist without having to go anywhere, would be really nice. It's a small thing, but is usually available. If it can be applied to other views, too, all the better.
MiPi

Re: Request: Ability to Restore Default Sorting

Post by MiPi »

Good point, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14945
Disabled state is needless I think, because clicking some other column header without "Ctrl" key disables all present sorting automatically and sorts only by the clicked one, but restoring to default sorting would be useful. We cannot restore to "unsorted state", because it would give ambiguous order, but default sorting (like by track order in playlists) should be enough.
malkierian

Re: Request: Ability to Restore Default Sorting

Post by malkierian »

A lot of times I add music to a playlist in a specific order, but need to sort it for some reason or another. Whatever way that order is stored in the DB would be enough for me.