Wrong track title and time in player

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Wrong track title and time in player

Post by yarguy »

Using 2113, but this has happened before. In the player control section at the bottom of the screen, the title and time of the previous track are shown instead of the title and time of the currently playing track (using Monkey Groove skin, but I doubt that matters). This leads to some interesting anomalies when the current track is longer than the previous one; the countdown timer at the right gets down to zero and then starts counting up. If the current track is shorter than the previous, the time just never gets to zero before the track changes to the next one.

MM5 also displays the previous track title, rather than the current one, in the Art & Details pane. And the same error occurs in all the skins.
MiPi

Re: Wrong track title and time in player

Post by MiPi »

Hi. We did not experienced this behavior at all. Any suggestions, when this can occur to you? Do you play audio only?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I don't believe I have seen this with mm5
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

dtsig: and do you know, how to achieve this? We had several bugs with playing track indication, but I cannot remember any with such strange behavior. I believe, it happened, but I have no idea how to reproduce it. Any thought could help.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

MiPi .. i will try to make this happen today. Not sure tho since I have never seen it
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I paid a little more attention to this this morning and here is what I found.

1) If the MM5 player is stopped at the end of a track (using stop after current) when there are tracks remaining in now playing, when the next track is started, the correct title and time are displayed.

2) The previous title and time will be displayed even though the current track is from a different album than the previous track.

3) Stopping a track in the middle and then restarting it does not change the title/time, it is still that of the previous track.