MM5 2111 - TempDir MediaMonkey.ini parameter resets to default

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jimbob_sf

MM5 2111 - TempDir MediaMonkey.ini parameter resets to default

Post by jimbob_sf »

I tweak my ini file to use specific directories across different, local drives. I do this for performance and recovery reasons.

Most directory settings in the MediaMonkey.ini file are accepted fine, but TempDir is reset by MM5. Ex. If I set to "E:\Media Monkey 5 Temp\Temp\", it's reset to "Portable\Temp\".

I don't use Portable for MM4, so this could be intended functionality. I just want to check.

MM5 2011, Installed to a non-system drive, Win 10 Pro 1803.17134.112, 64gb ram, 3 "disks" (NVMe C: for primary, mirrored spindle for D:, NVMe for E:). Media library is "My Music", but that's be moved to D:\My Music (reflected properly in MediaMonkey.ini).
Peke

Re: MM5 2111 - TempDir MediaMonkey.ini parameter resets to default

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MM5 is still in Alpha stage and in forced portable mode to maximally ensure no issues with MMW.

It will be OK when MM5 gets out of Beta.

FYI latest version is 2111 not 2011
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jimbob_sf

Re: MM5 2111 - TempDir MediaMonkey.ini parameter resets to default

Post by jimbob_sf »

Duh, yes, I'm on 2111.

AOK, TempDir needs to fall under MM5\Portable\ because it's a portable install. No problem at all.

Still not a problem, more just a FYI for anyone reading. I can set other directories outside the MM5\Portable\ directory. These are:

DownloadLocation
Glb_DownloadLocation
UPNP_CacheDir
StreamCacheDir