A couple of MM4 features I miss in MM5

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

A couple of MM4 features I miss in MM5

Post by yarguy »

I have been using MM5 2110 regularly for a week and find that it is working fine for how I use a music player, but there are a couple of featrures that are in MM4 but not in MM5 that would make it even better. In MM4 users can choose what fields are displayed in the Art & Details display and this choice is collection specific. So I can have Composer information displayed for tracks in the Classical Music collection, but not displayed in the other Music collection. There does not seem to be a way in MM5 to select the fields to be displayed; there should be.

In MM4 when I am editing properties of a track there are back and forward arrows at the bottom of the properties box that allow me to navigate through the tracks in an album. This seems to be missing in MM5. Instead after I edit the property for a track I have to close the property box and select the next track and open its property. This is unnecessarily cumbersome.
Barry4679

Re: A couple of MM4 features I miss in MM5

Post by Barry4679 »

I agree your second point, but don't understand the 1st point.

AFAIK MM4 only allowed fields specification to be set at the music Type level (eg. Music, Classical Music, Podcasts, etc) ... and MM5 has the same facility

eg. In MM5 this is the hamburger menu on A&D Selected pane; layout|Advanced

If by "collection" you mean user defined collections, rather than the system defined ones, I don't see that flexibility in MM4.
Maybe I have just never found it. The whole A&D tailoring facility is probably complicated enough already, as it is. Having to define this for every collection would be a pain IMO.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

You are riught that I meant type. But while you can edit what fields appear in Advanced, that selection only appears in ther Advanced setting. I want it in Side-by-side, too.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Good, we on the same page now.

I haven't looked too hard at Side By Side mode, as it didn't give what I wanted, and Advanced gave me everything I wanted.

I didn't understand what Side by Side was for. Side By Side gives you something you can't get from Advanced?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

For me at leats, the art image is behind the white haze in Advanced. Not so in side-by-side. And I noticed that the user can control font size in Advanced, but not in Side-by-side.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I believe that the white haze is a bug.

I haven't install it yet, but it looks like it is fixed in the new version of MM5 that was uploaded today.
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14844
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, the "Advanced" layout works pretty same as in MM4, you can configure which fields to show and you can edit them in edit mode.
yarguy wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:52 am In MM4 when I am editing properties of a track there are back and forward arrows at the bottom of the properties box that allow me to navigate through the tracks in an album. This seems to be missing in MM5. Instead after I edit the property for a track I have to close the property box and select the next track and open its property. This is unnecessarily cumbersome.
I see, the arrows are missing, added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14868
Workaround for you is to enabled edit mode (via the three dots menu of Art & Details panel) and edit the properties directly in the A&D panel.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I think it is a bug only in the Artwork only layout; at least that is all that is fixed in 2111. In Basic and Advanced, the image needs to be washed out or the text would not show well (or at all) in front of images of dark covers. I'd still like to be able to decide what fields to show in side-by-side. In any case, I find that the Advanced layout is very cluttered because it not only shows the field values, it also shows the field titles. I don't find the latter at all necessary and for me they make it hard to see the real information, the field values.
Barry4679 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 am I believe that the white haze is a bug.

I haven't install it yet, but it looks like it is fixed in the new version of MM5 that was uploaded today.
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14844