GUI Suggestion

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Graves

GUI Suggestion

Post by Graves »

Hi everybody,

I have some suggestions regarding the new GUI:

1. I think it'd be better to have Genres displayed initially (before clicking on "All Genres" in nav tree), which are frequent in one's personal library and/or often listened to, rather than just the common ones you currently suggest.

2. I'd LOVE to have ANY media parsed and displayed within one directory subtree automatically when clicking it (like generic subfolder "All" in MM4)

3. [Options] would make a great Archive Node I think, rather than hidden in ...\Extras\Options

4. How 'bout Ribbon or alike?
jiri

Re: GUI Suggestion

Post by jiri »

1. You can switch to 'Genres' view in the top right corner. The default is 'Genre categories'.

2. There's 'Include subfolders' button in the top right corner when e.g. in Folders tree node, it does the same as 'All' folders in MM4.

3. Interesting idea, will consider this.

4. We don't plan this, but the UI is fully open-sourced in MM5, so possibly someone will be interested in implementing this.

Thanks for you feedback!
Jiri
Graves

Re: GUI Suggestion

Post by Graves »

jiri wrote:1. You can switch to 'Genres' view in the top right corner. The default is 'Genre categories'.
Categories - got it! Neat :)
jiri wrote:2. There's 'Include subfolders' button in the top right corner when e.g. in Folders tree node, it does the same as 'All' folders in MM4.
Damnit - I should definitely pay more attention to the top right corner, shouldn't I :D
jiri wrote:3. Interesting idea, will consider this.
Nice, thank you =)
jiri wrote:4. We don't plan this, but the UI is fully open-sourced in MM5, so possibly someone will be interested in implementing this.
I just thought, end users might find stuff easier in Ribbon menus rather than in the top right corner :P
Maybe though, that's just me again :)
jiri wrote:Thanks for you feedback!
Jiri
You are very welcome!