web link problems not handled well [#16159]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

web link problems not handled well [#16159]

Post by Barry4679 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm

This version seems more robust.

There seems to be some problem with a web link, which MM5 does not handle well.
And your problem resolution dbox never seems to work properly.

1. clicking this link causes MM5 to freeze ... it seems to be connected to this crash

2. I pressed the Restart button on the dbox from the above crash ... AFAICR this never works, ie. MM5 is not restarted for me ... you can replicate this? ... this time it gives an access violation, and it has disabled the default Windows function associated with the WindowsKey+D ... is re-enabled once I end MM5 with the Windows Task Manager

3. When I restart MM5 it tries to auto-return to the failing web link ... and MM freezes again without allowing me to intervene ... ie. I can't restart MM5 ... I sent a debug log to Ludek during which I tried to restart MM5 ... it froze as described trying re-establish state re the failing web link ... it then tried to send you this dump, and it failed

4. The only way that i could get MM5 restarted was to delete the persistent json file ... I send the the "damaged" file to Ludek

dtsig

Re: 2218 - web link problems not handled well

Post by dtsig » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 pm

I find that just going to AllMusic.com from web node causes the ui to lock up ... might it be looking for a login
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

Ludek

Re: 2218 - web link problems not handled well

Post by Ludek » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am