2185 - track download from GPM is fragile

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2185 - track download from GPM is fragile

Post by Barry4679 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:18 am

Download tracks from GPM is still fragile

I tried download a few days ago and got 95471DAF

I tried to replicate today, so that I could report the issue ... it worked for a while ... but when I stacked the queue up i got 9547657C
It seem to hang waiting to send you the dump, so I am no sure whether you got the file
I was running debug, and I have PM'd the log to Ludek

It happened just after I added a few more tracks to the active download queue.
I am not sure, but after it happened I thought that I may have added a request for an album which already on the queue ... not sure

I looked at the last tracks that were successfully downloaded before the problem ... they had no tags ... other tracks that I downloaded today, did have tags

Another thing I noticed was while it was still downloading successfully ... the wheel was spinning, I could see the closed download task node in the Media Tree ... its count stopped decreasing ... I looked at my target download location ... tracks had stopped arriving ... I opened the download node in the Media Tree, and that action seemed to unblock whatever was jamming the download task ... ie. the track queue started decreasing again, and tracks starting arriving at the download location again

Ludek

Re: 2185 - track download from GPM is fragile

Post by Ludek » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 am

Hi, thanks.

I saw your "Too many threads for indexing" exception log 95471DAF from 07/04/2019 and got the debug log via PM.
9547657C did not came.

I'll try to figure out why this is happening and will let you via PM.

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:48 pm

Ludek wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 am
I'll try to figure out why this is happening and will let you via PM.
I am away until the 25th.

Nothing special about my environment ... I am not running in a VM. ... Windows 10 ... The only thing that I can think of is that I have a lot of physical memory, and a xeon chip, which may expose race condition possibilities?

[EDIT] but the mostly likely reason is that I have more spare time than you, and I am throwing bigger batch sizes at MM

Peke

Post by Peke » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi,
Ludek is also away till 22nd. So I would suggest that both of you just enjoy time off MediaMonkey and just Monkey around ;)
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum