MM Keeps uploading Album Art

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Ravingoofy

MM Keeps uploading Album Art

Post by Ravingoofy »

I have gone through my complete Library over the past few weeks and Deleted all the current album art and uploaded my own that I have downloaded. I did this because I just started utilizing MM and MusicBrainz to organize and tag my music. Went I switched from iTunes/Media Player the album art went all fuzzy. So I uploaded clear album art manually.

After doing all my music manually the fuzzy art has returned and many of the albums I update now have 3-7 album art covers uploaded.

I want just the art I upload to my music to be shown and on the files. How do I fix this issue? I'm sure I'm not the first to have this issue.
Lowlander

Re: MM Keeps uploading Album Art

Post by Lowlander »

It's probably from Windows Media Player (MediaMonkey doesn't auto-add multiple Artworks, only can auto-add an Artwork if Artwork is unknown and the option is enabled). Does the Artwork have names like AlbumArtSmall?
Ravingoofy

Post by Ravingoofy »

MM Post three or more pictures. I have everything turned off on Windows Media Player. This is hon4estly driving me nuts. lol
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can't do this. So all that's likely is happening is that on scanning it sees that those Artworks exist on your PC and adds them per scan file directories for Artwork (Tools > Options > Library) setting.

The only application I know of that creates multiple Artworks per Album is Windows Media Player or associating your media as Music Library in File Explorer. If this happened at any point and they already exist they'll be picked up on scanning by MediaMonkey.