hate new versions

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

ethnonut

hate new versions

Post by ethnonut »

i hate some of the changes to newer versions not as easy to navigate your library, but an older version messed up a lot of file names has dave mathwes tagged and showing as the doors and so on i have to manually go through 200 gigs of stuff rename sort, it runs so slow...
MMFrLife

Re: hate new versions

Post by MMFrLife »

If you are talking about MM4 versions, I haven't noticed anything dramatic.
What was the older version when things got messed up? Can you list/elaborate on some of the recent
changes that are of concern to you.

Did you occasionaly do an Unsynchronized check on your files before the older version you mentioned seemed to go astray?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Re: hate new versions

Post by MMFrLife »

I guess, same issue as here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88376#p438837
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜