What kind of MM user do you consider yourself?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

What kind of MM user do you consider yourself?

You may select 1 option

View results

applesos

Re: What kind of user are you?

Post by applesos »

I VOTE THE BASIC USER :roll:
Barrys

Post by Barrys »

I have just in the last 2 days downloaded this program, and may I say that I am very impressed with it. I have been using Winamp for playing MP3's which I have taken from my collection of CD's (8000+) at the last count. I have 3 types of Back-up for them. One on the Computer HD which is connected to a Database (Catraxx) and playable through that. Also a back-up on my Pogoplug Network for some of my mates to listen to and last but no least on my WD Live Book which is connected to my Ipad3 and I can take this anywhere in the country.
I have put myself down as a basic user until I have a good look around this program, which at the moment seems just what I need to play my MP3's on the computer. A few more days with it and I think I will opt for the Gold Version.
I have got this program to play the MP3's from the pogoplug no problem at all, this will help me to make sure all covers are correct and any problems with MP3's should show up using this program.
All I can say is I wish I had found this program a few month ago.

Barrys
chelsearason

Post by chelsearason »

I am a certified Newbie so I would say Novice here. ;) Hope to learn more from you guys!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Intermediate for me.
Stop Button Freak
prump

Post by prump »

My money goes to the service that offers the most, with the littlest investment of MY time possible.

So I'm a committed 'basic' user. For life. I refuse to let my devices...and their upkeep...fritter away my day, weekend, etc.
If it's not intuitive and easy to use, it's not worth my time. That's why I'm paying you...right?
Fungud

Post by Fungud »

I agree with prump.

Not interested in being a slave to my gadgets.
psychoadept

Post by psychoadept »

I put intermediate because I like for my software to work and think the way I do. I'm willing to invest some time to make that happen. I tend to resist learning more new skills than necessary (scripting, etc), but if it saves me time in the long run I'll do it. That's how I started scripting with Picard.
whtmtnlion

Post by whtmtnlion »

I installed MM today as an alternative to iTunes 11 :x and I'm very happy with it. :) The features and customization are intuitive, efficient, and a relative joy to use. :D
It's like going from a tricycle to a full blown mountain bike. I just had to shout it somewhere. :P
bootrecords

Post by bootrecords »

I was instantly sold on MM the moment I was ripping a CD with it and found that in the target path you could use $if{ }-Statements. The only feature I'm still missing after all these years are freely combinable && and || statements in auto-playlists.
plain

Post by plain »

Basic. I too don't want to do scripting for fun but would if MM wasn't so comprehensive so since scripting etc. is available and popular with MM I include that here. Plus I'm Basic because MM is so solid I never have to 'adjust' things. Just set it up and go.

Post by Guest »

novice , but i wish there is a way to eliminate duplicates. if there is a way built into the system it would be great . I ended up running a seperate duplicate finding software to elinate duplicates in my library but it sill left dupluicates listed in my mediamonky library .when i scan for new files it added files already in the mediamonkey library which is annoying and when you play it , it just delays playing as it goes through files that are not actually there
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

yoy wrote:I am novice - how difficult is to learn MediaMonkey?
Not difficult if you try out the free version and just stick with the absolute basics for a while until you get the hang of it. Then, you can
move on to more advanced concerns.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
jeffjohnson

Post by jeffjohnson »

I am a novice user of MediaMonkey and that is why I joined because I want to learn more from people that have knowledge I seek.
Macca-0

Post by Macca-0 »

I suppose I'm probably "advanced". Have been using MM since day 1 after Music Match vanished into the commercial ether, never to be seen again. My collection is approaching the million track mark, all indexed by artist / album / genre.