Synchronize Plex rating with Mediamonkey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Synchronize Plex rating with Mediamonkey

Post by nonob »

Hi,

I use mainly Mediamonkey to share my music with my others devices but sometimes i use Plex media server (essantially for the web app).

Plex provide a rating system like Mediamonkey but if i rate a track with Plex, it isn't saved into mp3 tag(or at least not in the same way) and so not synchronised with MM rating.

Do you know how Plex rating works and do you know if i can synchronise it with MM ratings ?

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
Lowlander

Re: Synchronize Plex rating with Mediamonkey

Post by Lowlander »

I believe that everything in Plex is database only. Nothing gets written back to the files. Plex also lacks in tag scanning and tends to ignore many and use online data instead.
nonob

Re: Synchronize Plex rating with Mediamonkey

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Ok, so, Plex act more as "proprietary" process.., so i will not use it for ratings.

Thank you
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)