Playlist duplicates (not song duplicates)

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Playlist duplicates (not song duplicates)

Post by Guest »

Hi wondered if anyone knows of any software that could tell me the similarity between my music playlists? I have lots of playlists that are very similar with the songs they contain. They are about 4 hours long so would take an age to manually work out which playlists have the same songs and which don't.

I'm looking for software that can show me duplicates of playlists or their similarity. But all I can find on the web so far is song duplicate finding software.

Anyone have any ideas, thank you very much in advance
rovingcowboy

Re: Playlist duplicates (not song duplicates)

Post by rovingcowboy »

Mediamonkey has option to not allow duplicates in the playlist so it will tell you the song is in the list if you try to add it again.
if you want to make lists for long playing in different seasons or genres. Then I suggest that you use the automatic playlists they have more control over the songs put into the lists. The gold version of Monkey has heavy duty auto pylists.

Also monkeys normal playlists are saved word for word in the database, making a list of enough 4 minute songs for 5 hours might add 2 mbs or more to the databases size windows has to load the whole thing at a time. Compared to the auto lists that are 5 to 10 lines of coded list creating rules that you setup. Which is just a few kbs added to the database and the time length of the list can be 24 hours long and never be more than the few kbs in the database. the rules you setup are limitless in the gold version of mediamonkey as in if you can think of a way to create the rule to do what you want then you can use it.

i have some where around 350 to 400 playlists all but about 10 are auto lists those that aren't only have 1 to 10 songs in.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
missme

Post by missme »

hey thanks for the reply!

what I mean is I need to look at say 10 playlists and work out how similar they are. Get rid of the ones that are really similar.

I'm looking at duplicates of playlists rather than songs.

So how many of my playlists contain the same songs.

Or rather how many of my playlists contain the same songs in other playlists.

Just hoping to find some program to help point to which playlists are similar and how they are similar.
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

You will need to export lists to text file and use a text file dupy finder. Auslogic has a free dupy finder try it.
kopo

Post by kopo »

In addition to imagehopper's point, you can also check out a single tracks playlist entries by clicking on the Classification tab in the file's properties.