file property data won't transfer

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

mfantone

file property data won't transfer

Post by mfantone »

I'm new to MM and just finished configuring my library the way I want it; added lots of album art, etc... I now want to have this exact library on another computer. Problem I'm running into is any file I want to transfer won't transfer any of the changes I made in Properties. What am I doing wrong??? :(
Lowlander

Re: file property data won't transfer

Post by Lowlander »

By default any changes made in MediaMonkey should be saved to the file as well (setting is under Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists). This doesn't happen if MediaMonkey has no write access to the files.

You can force the writing of database values to the files by going to the Collection (like Music) > Files to Edit > Unsynchronized Tags node, select all files and use Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags (this will still fail if MediaMonkey has no write permissions on the files).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

What type of files?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

"By default any changes made in MediaMonkey should be saved to the file as well (setting is under Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists)."

This is where I've been poking around so I'm glad to know I'm in the right area! What exactly would I be checking or unchecking under tags and playlists?

Post by Guest »

@nohitter151: these are all audio files; combination of mp3, m4a and flac.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:@nohitter151: these are all audio files; combination of mp3, m4a and flac.
And the properties don't show in MediaMonkey on another computer? Or are you checking with something else like Windows explorer?

mfantone

Post by mfantone »

If I copy a file in MM to a new folder on my desktop and then open the file properties, I'm seeing old file data instead of the updated data in my library file.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mfantone wrote:If I copy a file in MM to a new folder on my desktop and then open the file properties, I'm seeing old file data instead of the updated data in my library file.
But what are you checking the file properties with?