Mediamonkey 5?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

twistedblue

Mediamonkey 5?

Post by twistedblue »

any word on a Mediamonkey 5?
Lowlander

Re: Mediamonkey 5?

Post by Lowlander »

No
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Does the number really matter?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Not really trix not unless you want to copy ms.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It does if you are buying a license and are considering a 4.x license. However at this moment there has been no mention of MediaMonkey 5 anywhere. The current next release will be 4.1 (already available in Beta Forum as beta).
Noruen

Post by Noruen »

Any update? :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, but a few hints have been left around the forum by the developers.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

trixmoto wrote:Does the number really matter?
Hi Trix. I would argue that it does matter, especially since MMW 4.00 was released just over 4 years ago. While as a consumer, I applaud the development team for all of the incremental builds with bug fixes and enhancements under release 4, but it does seem to make one feel that release 5 is overdue. Since licensing is by major release, I can understand the apprehension to purchase a version 4 gold license at this time. Perhaps it is time for MediaMonkey /Ventis to consider offering a free upgrade to version 5 for gold licenses that are purchased after a certain date in order to ease some of this apprehension?

For full disclosure, I personally own a Lifetime license as well as a MMA license as I very much appreciate the quality of this application and the active development, as well as the developers participation in these forums. It shows genuine concern and pride in what they do.. Kudos.

Regards,
Blackcat
Noruen

Post by Noruen »

To be honest, one thing I really would like to see is user interface update as it is now veeeery out-of-date, especially on hi-res monitors. I know this issue was discussed several times throughout this forum, but still no response or promises :(
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Noruen wrote:To be honest, one thing I really would like to see is user interface update as it is now veeeery out-of-date, especially on hi-res monitors. I know this issue was discussed several times throughout this forum, but still no response or promises :(
they got to get the kinks worked out of version 4 before they can start on the next version. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jiri

Post by jiri »

To be honest, one thing I really would like to see is user interface update as it is now veeeery out-of-date, especially on hi-res monitors. I know this issue was discussed several times throughout this forum, but still no response or promises
There will be a huge improvement in UI... ;-)

Jiri
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hope we can get betas of the 5th version soon!
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
cncb

Post by cncb »

This must be some update considering how long it has taken and they were talking about a pre-release version back in Sept. 2014.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Well, sorry for the delays, it's really a huge update and we still work on many things in order to make it really good. I hope that a pre-release will really be available soon...

Jiri
Fabulatic

Post by Fabulatic »

I am so looking forward to this! :D Hope the first Beta is out soon. With my new XPS 15 4k Display MM is not really a pleasure to use and I don't want to waste my time adjusting a theme when the new version will be out soon.