Mediamonkey 5?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: Mediamonkey 5?

Postby MMFrLife » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:30 am

Peke wrote:
Blackcat12 wrote:I have the utmost respect for the developers as well as MMW /MMA in general. I would recommend MM to anyone without hesitation, but I will never recommend a lifetime license.

I agree, or I would not get any of my paychecks due the no update purchases. I got mine back in 2002 and on a first day of GOLD I earned triple the price by just using GOLD features for money.

:lol: Good point, Peke! So true. It's there if someone wants it, but the company certainly isn't going to go out of their way to promote it. :lol:
If every new purchase was a lifetime, you might do ok; although, nowhere near like it is now.:wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
MMFrLife

Postby cncb » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Wow, still not ready. After all this time, I guess we can expect it to have no bugs when released? I am afraid you missed the boat on this one as there might not be many people still around to use it. If Google Play Music had volume leveling, I wouldn't be around any more...
cncb

Postby Peke » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:02 pm

cncb wrote:Wow, still not ready. After all this time, I guess we can expect it to have no bugs when released? I am afraid you missed the boat on this one as there might not be many people still around to use it. If Google Play Music had volume leveling, I wouldn't be around any more...
HA, you almost got me to post screenshot.
Best regards,
Pavle
MM Core Developer and Admin of free MediaMonkey extensions Hosting
Peke

Postby Park Vorteil » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Guys!! You are the best! I love Mediamonkey! When I open it, it always feels like Christmas and holidays, just better.

MM5 will become great, no matter what challenges you still might face!

Now, softly, softly catchee monkey, give us some crumbs and hints to look at or test, before it gets cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!! :D :lol:
Park Vorteil

Re: MediaMonkey 5

Postby dypsis » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:14 am

I'm looking forward to MediaMonkey 5. :)
How long off do you think some betas will be?
dypsis

Postby cncb » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:44 am

It must be nice to work with apparently no schedule or deadlines of any kind. I'm jealous...
cncb

Postby toyzrme » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:07 pm

@cncb: what is with all the sour grapes?

MMW is THE most reliable, STABLE app I have ever used in my 35 years of computing. And IF there is a real problem, they are *amazingly* quick to respond & fix it - unlike 99% of all other apps I've used.

Given that I spent 4 YEARS crafting my library metadata (tags, ratings, dates, artwork, playlists), I want the Devs to TAKE THEIR TIME and protect my library ABOVE ALL ELSE. I don't want *any* new functionality added that isn't 100% library-safe, just so someone can get their early jollies: it will be what it is, when it is. And it shall be stable.

As opposed to iTunes, which scrambled my library years ago from careless code in a rush to get features to market - NEVER AGAIN.

And THAT'S why I bought MMW (lifetime), and MMA. And why I recommend it to anyone who will listen.

I'm sure they want to release just as much as you do - except it means a paycheck to them. Why would they want to hold off???

Cutting betas for people adds significant time to the schedule - I'd rather not slow them down unnecessarily.

Give them a break - all the grousing across the many forum postings won't change a thing, and only reflects on you.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S7 (32GB) + 200GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
toyzrme

Previous

Return to News and Other Stuff