Thank you!

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

SubEffect

Thank you!

Post by SubEffect »

Hello,

I am a new MediaMonkey user and I just wanted to drop in to say THANK YOU for your work on this product. I have been looking for the 'ultimate' music/library app to replace some aging ones that seem to have halted in support and functionality. I honestly can't believe how powerful this product is.

For me, it replaces: Winamp (player/library organizer), dbPoweramp (ripping/converting), and MP3 Tag Studio (powerful tagging and editing tools), and the ever-crappy iTunes (iPhone sync). So far, it looks like does everything the other tools do, and then some. I am still learning MM but I expect I will be buying the gold version very soon once my overall analysis is complete. iPhone 5 syncing is a big deal to me. Winamp officially dropped support and using iTunes is something for those that like pain. I like being able to right-click and just send stuff to the phone without worrying about setting up the sync options. I do plan to use the auto-sync, but I really appreciate the time spent on simplifying tasks.

The only downside i've seen so far is the way to gather album art, but as i understand it (and I hadn't thought of this before), art can be tagging PER track and not just per album/folder, so I guess MM's implementation of art tagging works, you just need to deselect the other fields in case you're worried about your precious tags being overwritten. I am very picky about tags..

Anyhow, thanks again.. i will check out some of the add-ons especially for art gathering so i can update my entire library (something else that's very broken in Winamp and iTunes). Very happy so far!
rovingcowboy

Re: Thank you!

Post by rovingcowboy »

Glad you found mediamonkey hes been here in the tree for a long time, getting better with age, but there are some bugs in mm yet its best to keep that in mind and get ready to supply info about them if you should have one sneak in on you. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.