When will you port to Linux?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: When will you port to Linux?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I am completely on board with a linux version. You have my vote. I need to have a lovely stable version of MM on linux. please make this happen.

Postby david.paige » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 pm

I stand ready, willing, and able to alpha/beta test a Linux (or cross-platform) version of MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey is _the_ music management software. I don't like using Wine, and would prefer something native. Please contact me when you have something concrete.
david.paige

Postby loic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am

Also looking forward to using MediaMonkey on linux.

On wine it has been terrible, and all other music library management software suck.
loic

Postby Bob_m_54 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 pm

VladTepes wrote:This comes up fairly regularly, and its a few months since the previous post but just to clarify - it has been stated before that the developers will wait until MM5 is stable before developing a Linux (or other OS) version.

This is the only sensible thing to do.

From a business point of view the one thing worse than no linux version, would be a poorly implemented unstable Linux version.

So kick back and relax.. good things come in time.

I tend to disagree. Since my windows laptop expired itself, I have NO version of MM at all.. nil.. zilch .. nada.. finito :(
I don't intend to buy another laptop just to run MM, so now I'm forced to find something in Linux to fill the void. I don't actually use MM to play files, or even rip them, I only use it for management of my 3500 odd album collection. My main use was for tagging, embedding artwork, producing reports to store on my phone to avoid duplication when I buy CDs from garage sales, syncing and converting file types to use on other devices. The problem is, I know of no other software that can do all the things I used MM Gold for.
Bob_m_54

Postby bat9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:32 pm

I am also waiting for MM on Linux. In the interim I am using gmusicbrowser with the Z_ICE_V0.2 layout.
Should you want to try it out I suggest you google "How To - GMusicBrowser and Custom Layouts" to seen Vastone's setup recommendations on the VSIDO Community.
bat9

Postby tahula » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:41 pm

I would also love to see MM running natively on linux.
tahula

Postby drunknmonkey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:04 pm

I just gave up using Windows and moved to Debian.
MMW with wine is no real solution as it ends up in stuttering sound.
Storing music & database on a local network share and running MMW in a virtual machine works but randomly lags extremely.
I really can't wait to see MM running natively under linux, too.
drunknmonkey

Previous

Return to News and Other Stuff