MediaMonkey is fantastic!

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Stegemueller

Post by Stegemueller »

In English below

MediaMonkey er fantastisk!

Jeg har i to år haft kæmpet med at synkronisere mellem iTunes og først iPod Touch og nu iPhone. Jeg har brugt timevis på det, og jeg var ved at blive vanvittig af deres filstruktur, det tunge program og det forhold, at det var et mirakel, når synkroniseringen lykkedes. Denne lørdag aften fandt jeg så Media Monkey i min desperate søgning med Google efter "iTunes filstruktur"

Med Google ledte jeg efter “filstruktur i iTunes music” for jeg havde fået viklet mig ind i en fuldstændig uigennemskuelig mappestruktur under og ved siden af iTunes; på både det ene og det andet drev var al musikken (knap 2.000 numre) tilsyneladende overalt og alligevel ikke der, hvor det skulle være.

Den første henvisning på Google var til “Sådan skrotter du iTunes til din iPhone/iPod” – ah ha, værd at se nærmere på… Artiklen, der er fra Computerworld, henviser til en engelsksproget artikel om seks andre måder at synkronisere bl.a. iPhone, og denne skriver om MediaMonkey, som det første af de seks. Jeg har nu købt en livstidslicens til applikationen, og jeg er allerede glad for det. Jeg er begejstret for, at jeg nu kan gennemskue min filstruktur, og at det er nemt at synkronisere og at synkroniseringen aldrig fejler. MediaMonkey er fantastisk!

Jeg kunne simpelthen ikke finde ud af, hvor iTunes havde gjort af alle mine filer; det hele var et stort rod - så jeg er startet helt forfra med at rippe alle mine musik-CD'er. Det er et kæmpe arbejde, men jeg tror bestemt, det kan betale sig. Jeg har skrevet en blogpost (på dansk) om det her: http://stegemueller.wordpress.com/2010/ ... nes-music/, for jeg er sikker på, at mange sidder med de samme problemer med iTunes som jeg havde.

I gruppen for oversættelse har jeg derfor nu også tilbudt min hjælp til at oversætte applikationen til dansk.

Venlig hilsen
Hanne B. Stegemüller
---

I have two years had been struggling with syncing between iTunes and the iPod Touch first and now the iPhone. I have spent hours on it and I was getting mad with their file structure, the heavy schedule and the fact that it was a miracle when the synchronization was successful. This Saturday evening I found Media Monkey in my desperate search with Google for "iTunes file structure"

With Google I searched for "file structures in the iTunes music" because I had wrapped myself in a completely opaque folder structure under and beside iTunes, on both sides and the second drive was all the music (just 2000 numbers) appear everywhere and yet not where it should be.

The first reference on Google was "How to scrap your iTunes to your iPhone / iPod" - ah ha, worth looking at ... articles from Computerworld, whereas an English-language article about six other ways to synchronize including iPhone and this writes about Media Monkey, as the first of the six. I have now bought a lifetime license to the programe, and I'm already happy with it. I am thrilled that I now can see through my file structure, and it is easy to synchronize and the synchronization never fails. MediaMonkey is fantastic!

I simply could not figure out where iTunes had all my files, it was all a big mess - so I started from scratch to rip all my music CDs. It is a gigantic task, but I think certainly it's worth it. I have written a blog post (in Danish) about it here: http://stegemueller.wordpress.com/2010/ ... nes-music/, for I am sure that many are sitting with the same problems with iTunes that I had.

In the group of translations, I have now also offered my help to translate the application into Danish.

Best regards, Hanne B. Stegemüller, Denmark
Best regards
Hanne B. Stegemüller, Denmark
rovingcowboy

Re: MediaMonkey is fantastic!

Post by rovingcowboy »

glad you found monkey sounds like you really needed the proper program to use with your phone. 8)

sorry it took so long for you to find monkey. :(

now the other good thing to do is run throught the scripts forum, now called help with addons, and look at the all scripts thread to see if you have more goodies in there you can use.
then go to the addons page by the link at the top of the page here. and then click on skins and go look at all the skins for mm 3 you can change your monkey too.

and enjoy monkey more then you already are. :D

welcome to the monkey troop, jump up on a limb and watch the others run around the itunes jungle like the rest of us are, :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Stegemueller

Post by Stegemueller »

Thank you for nice and warm welcome here!

I've been reading about scripts at this site, and wondered what you were all writing about :) Thanks mate - now I know. I'm looking so much forward to dig myself much more into all of it. I will enjoy watching the iTunes jungle. I hope one of you can tell me how to participate in a translation into Danish, as I am sure lots of Danes would be happy with MediaMonkey.

I've posted the below text in "Danish Translation" in the Localization Group/Board
--
"I'm thrilled to have found MediaMonkey and to be let out of iTunes hell that I would love to help translate into Danish. I am linguistically very safe and very careful with spelling and the like. I've just never been involved in translating a program before, so I do not know how to get started."
Best regards
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

watch that digging into it more stuff.
i joined in 2003 thinking the same thing. and its habit forming watching the others on the jungle floor. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Stegemueller and welcome!

You have a sticky post in the Localization forum which describes how to do a translation. It basically points to this link though:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Localizations
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Stegemueller

Post by Stegemueller »

Arh yeah - I should have seen the sticky. Thank you. I'll read your link tomorrow after work.
Best regards