Local CDDB

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

sutte

Local CDDB

Post by sutte »

Hi, I have downloaded the CDDB to my local drive. Can Songs DB access this? If so, how?
All the treble i've been through!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Not yet. It is possible Songs-DB will support it in the future, but to be honest - it isn't a high priority feature, because Songs-DB stores information about CDs and so you need to access Freedb just once. However, it may come.

Jiri
sutte

Still...

Post by sutte »

Thank you for your reply.
I have a lot of CD's that I am archiving, and for each CD I have to be online. This is time consuming and unnessecary when the alle the data is there on my local drive.
I think this feature would make Songs-DB an even better software!!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, I understand this reason and when it is be possible, this feature will be implemented (after some more important issues).

Jiri
berti

lokal freedb

Post by berti »

Hi,

I have also a lokal freedb and find a way that it works. With the Winamp 2 plugin CD Reader (in_cdreader.dll) in the SongDB folder and configurate to look in lokal (just CDPlayer.ini) CDDB, the SongDB looks for new albums in the CDPlayer.ini file.
So you must have a only a way to put the information in the cdpllayer.ini file. I use for that work free ripper programs like Exact Audio Copy or also CDex. That programs can look in a lokal freedb for albums and I can save that information in the cdplayer.ini file.
Not very :-? fine way but I bring also a great CD collection in SongDB and its better than type in all information or look every time in the web.

Good luck :lol: Berti
sutte

Bertie!

Post by sutte »

This is cool! I'll check it out! Thanks!

:lol:
jiri

Post by jiri »

Nice temporary solution :wink:

Jiri