My Online Music Odyssey

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

wrobbins

My Online Music Odyssey

Post by wrobbins »

I have been using Urge since it came online. Now that they are merging with Rhapsody, I will not use the new service because their downloads are in proprietary Real format. So I am stuck with my old Yahoo Music service. As most folk know, the Yahoo Music Jukebox sucks. So after a little looking around, today I discovered MediaMonkey and after using it all morning, I am very impressed, so much that I just bought the Gold version.
Wesley Robbins
jcrane

Post by jcrane »

Ditto on Yahoo. It was particularly annoying that their pop-ups stated that the new jukebox included the MMJB engineers. More like only the MMJB marketing engineers.

My system of music acquisition has been:
1) Rip all factory CDs
2) Rip as much vinyl as I can find time
3) 40 DRM-free eMusic tracks per month for 9.99 - I love eMusic - it just requires a little effort to search, and a willingness to forgo mainstream. With these principles in mind - can't find a better deal to MP3 data mine.
gege

Post by gege »

It looks like there's a lot of MMJB orphans coming to MediaMonkey!
Hei you devs, maybe this is a good opportunity to start a Google AdWords campaign on this subject!
jcrane

jcrane

Post by jcrane »

anything to get the word out that Yahoo should pay the MM Gold fee for all MMJB lifers.