How and where does Songs-DB keep normalization data?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

evanj

How and where does Songs-DB keep normalization data?

Post by evanj »

I have been trying to get sings-db to create a normalization value for each of some 10,000 MP3s on my hard disk.

This is obviously going to take some time.

But when I select a group of songs that I know have already been normalized, the sw goes ahead and normalizes again, anyway.

In David Robinson's documentation, there is a brief reference that hsi sw looks up a list before deciding to normalise or not.

The Sings-db SW does not appear to look for already-normalised songs before trying to normalise again.

How does this part of the sw work?

How does songs-db look up the normalisation value. where are these values stored?
jiri

Post by jiri »

You are right, Songs-DB currently calculates the normalization value again each time you execute the action. I am going to add an option where user could choose whether to calculate all or just not yet calculated songs. So far you can sort songs based on the normalization value (the last column by default) and select those which are not calculated yet.

The normalization values are stored in the database for each song. In the future, it will be probably possible to store the value in ID3 tag as well.

Jiri