Add Media to database

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

vorsteac

Add Media to database

Post by vorsteac »

I cannot seem to add an MP3 CD. The CD is not scanned.
Any ideas?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Do you mean that after you execute "Scan media" with your CD-ROM checked, there a progress bar appears in the top, but no new media in Database or Media nodes? It should not happen. The only reason for this could be a media with a serial number equal to 0 (can be checked for example by MS-DOS "dir" command. Such media (with SN 0) are not supported and by nature of Songs-DB probably never will be. Is it your case?

Jiri
vorsteac

Post by vorsteac »

The progress bar flashes on and then is gone but the drive is not scanned.
vorsteac

Post by vorsteac »

The media title appears after confirming the label, however no nodes appear below the label.
The CD has a serial number.

Another problem is that the Smart AMP appears to be located too far to the right of the window, and some of the controls are cut off.
The "select folders" dialogue box buttons are not fully visible.

Great program.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, do you mean, that after scanning and selecting this CD node under the Media (or Database) node there are no songs (and sub-nodes as directories or artists), while the media contains some songs (MP3, WMA, ...)? If it is so and you have some time to try it, please use the debug version as described in [url="http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69]this[/url] post and send me the results to jh@songs-db.com. Also, does it happen with other CDs too?

For the other problem - this happens probably when you have set non-default DPI or Large Fonts. We hope to solve the problem soon.

Jiri
vorsteac

Post by vorsteac »

It does read some CDs.
Looking at CD properties I find those indicated as UDF do not read. Others with CDFS format have no problem.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, that's interesting information. Thank you, I will check what's wrong with UDF format.

Jiri