Getting Started/Discord RPC Plugin

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderator: jiri

PetrCBR

Re: Getting Started/Discord RPC Plugin

Post by PetrCBR » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:15 pm

I understand ... you can put them into folder together with your script, but question is how to load them (as we don't use any 3rd party scripts and we don't use require) and i can help with that if you need ... but i need any sample library you need to use in your script.

malkierian

Post by malkierian » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Alright, this is the folder that was created with the libraries and their prerequisites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pm0aveljkj8z ... s.zip?dl=0

These were installed into the project using node/NPM.

PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:14 am

Hmm ... it will probably require to somehow include node runtime into script folder .. will try.

PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 am

Hmm ... implement node.js core will not be easy ... it is using so much methods from native code of Node :-/.

malkierian

Post by malkierian » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:53 am

I will appreciate anything you can do, but if necessary, I will figure out how to interface with Discord directly, since it is open-source, and I probably only need certain aspects of the API.

TIV73

Post by TIV73 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 am

From the looks of it you are going for a native implementation, but in case you still use the workaround via .net you might want to have a look at the github page for MediaMonkey.Net again. I just pushed several updates to the dev branch , which is pretty much a complete rewrite of the original plugin which and now uses an asynchronous implementation of most calls and offers event based updates to avoid having to constantly poll mediamonkey for updates.

Garion525

Post by Garion525 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Let me know when you get this working, I have been looking everywhere for a plugin for MM and Discord.