Web taggers and auto tagging

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

TIV73

Web taggers and auto tagging

Post by TIV73 »

Hi,
I'm not sure if it was always there and I just didn't see it, or if it's a new addition, but I just discovered the Auto-Tag feature, and from the looks of it, it shares a lot of functionality with the Auto-Tag from Web function. Is this going to replace the Auto-Tag from Web feature or are both functions going to co-exist?

The reason why I'm asking is that I started migrating one of the web taggers I am using in MM4 to MM5, but now I'm unsure how to proceed. Is it safe to proceed with web taggers, or should I rather have a look at the new autotag framework and make it compatible with that because classic web taggers are going to be obsolete soon?
PetrCBR

Re: Web taggers and auto tagging

Post by PetrCBR »

Auto-tag from web is deprecated and use new autotag framework. For details how to implement check helpers folder and autoTagFramework.js (and taggers in searchAmazon, searchMusicbrainz, searchTVDB). Currently there are 3 taggers implemented - for music amazon and musicbrainz (including acoustID .. will be much improved in next build) and TVDB for video and TV shows.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

PetrCBR wrote:will be much improved in next build)
Including this problem? It seems to have conflated Jeff Beck (7.1 million LFM scrobbles) with Crow Hailer (600 LFM scrobbles).

Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Thanks a lot for the information! I was checking the files you mentioned and could migrate the basic functionality of the web tagger to the new framework. Regards to whoever wrote the detailled template header in autoTagFrameworj.js, it was incredibly useful.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

@Barry4679: yes, it is fixed as well
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643