Import Playlists from MMW to MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Frank70

Import Playlists from MMW to MMA

Post by Frank70 »

Hi :) ,

I currently use MMW (4.1.24.1883) on Windows 10 PC and MMA (1.3.6.0887) on Samsung Galaxy S9 under Android 9.

I have the same audio files on the SD card on both the PC and the phone. These are regularly synchronized with a program (FreeFileSync).
Playing the individual tracks on the mobile phone works perfectly. However, I would like to have the playlists created on the PC on the mobile phone as well. I have already tried a lot and Google is trying, but I just can't get any further.
Is there a possibility to import these playlists from the PC to the mobile phone?

I was thinking of exporting via an m3u-file and importing this m3u-file. If I copy the exported m3u file to the phone (SD card where the audio files are), MMA will not find the playlist. I know, maybe the entries in the m3u file have to be adjusted a bit because of the file path. But first the m3u would have to be found at all.

Frank
Lowlander

Re: Import Playlists from MMW to MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Sync takes care of getting both files and Playlists to the device: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

Playlists point to files (Paths) and this is differs between devices, thus Playlists are often hard to transfer as the Paths would be wrong.